Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Moving a backhoe from Indiana to Mass. Sleaze galore.

emmett518 ยท 2021-03-29 12:49

I remember seeing a Youtube video about companies advertising that they are local on Google, and finding out that they are fly-by-night, sleazebags from other parts of the country. It seems that this sort of thing applies to transport companies moving heavy equipment. Found a local guy in Indiana. Gave a good price, and could pick up the backhoe today if I gave him a deposit. Upon hanging up, I did some research, and found that they were not in Indiana, but Florida. No address. Just a number. Called him back, and asked for a DOT number, proof of insurance and three references. I was told that they never share customer information so no references. They had insurance so don't worry about it, and would get me a DOT number after I made the deposit. I hung up. Unreal.

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2021-03-29 23:50

    Good job... Do not walk away, run! Crappy world we still live in, yeah?