There has been some talk about our company moving a D10 to possibly our quarry in central NY. Not 100% sure why, have heard the engine or transmission have to be removed once it's here. Hope management understands a D10 is a slight bit bigger than the D6D that is here right now! Hope to get a little better info in the morning as our boss was down there to look at it today.
That's only 4 sizes bigger. O&O costs can't be that much more right? :lmao
What series are we talking about here.? Is it a "proper" D10 or just one of those "used to be D9L" type D10s..?
Do you have any D10's already?
Hope to have some details in a couple hours once I get to work this morning. No other D10's and only rarely have any dozers at our plant other than the little Case 1150! Not even sure they want to use it here or just work on it at our shop then take it someplace else. Hope those in charge don't think they can move a D10 around from plant to plant like they do the D6D or even the D9H I know we have about 15 to 20 acres of overburden that is around 12 feet deep to strip off over the good limestone for next season but not sure a D10 would be the best way to attack that job. Then again I;m just a guy that pulls wrenches so what do I know?
Well got a little info and a picture. It's a 73W15283 D10N Guy who has done some work on it thinks there is a problem in a pump, others think the transmission is bad. That's as far as I can get on the subject of what might be wrong with it. It is not coming to the quarry I work at but another one about 25 miles away. I'm trying to find some information on weights for my boss on different components to get an idea of what we need to remove to ship it. Obviously the ripper, blade and arms and cab/ROPS need to come off. Boss thinks the tracks and track frames can stay in place.
I'd take it. Shouldn't be too hard to diagnose and repair after some pressure checks? Parts get a little expensive on that size.
Not forsale just being moved within the company!
Probably depends on how far you have to move it.
73W is the engine S/N, t'is a good old-fashioned mechanical injection 3412 (pre-HEUI) so thank your lucky stars for that bit of good fortune. The tractor will be either a 2YD or a 3SK. If the engine is original the tractor is S/N 3SK00551, built December 1993. We ship D10s minus blade, arms, trunnions, plus exhaust stacks, cab and ROPS for height reasons. I wouldn't take the ripper itself off but might just drop the ripper shank out. The factory ships them with the shank pointing upwards in the ripper frame. I probably have a shipping weight and dimensions somewhere in an old email for that configuration. I'll see if I can dig it out.
Yes sir, I saw that in your post...just saying that it looks like a decent machine and not an abused pile that you or your counterpart at the other company pit have to work on. Of course the rules are different everywhere, but they're moved complete minus the blade assembly around here. Here's some dimensions and weight: http://www.ritchiespecs.com/specifi...tor&make=Caterpillar&model=D10N&modelid=90781
My bad, the machine is a 3SK00551 the engine s/n I posted by mistake is what I got from SIS. Wouoldmake life a bit eaiser if we could leave the ripper on and just pull the shank. If you do find the info it would be very helpful. I have emailed our PSR at Milton Cat but not sure what he will come up with.
I will have it somewhere in my emails. I just have to find it................
We move our D10N in Arkansas ,no blade push arms,no ROPS with the ripper on. Our truck trailer combo gross 210,000 on 12 axles.Machine weighs about 126,000 ready to move.
Believe it or not that's pretty much exactly the same number I got. I came to 121,800 for the machine minus blade, push arms & trunnions (the trunnions should come off for width if it's moving any distance - you gain the best part of 18"). Then minus ROPS, cab, & exhaust stacks for height, and the ripper shank. The additional items over and above what's posted above are: - 1. Ripper shank & tip - 1800 pounds. 2. Cab - 2000 pounds. 3. Push arm trunnions - 300 pounds. If you also remove the blade lift cylinders for height reasons reduce the weight of the tractor by a further 1200 pounds.
Thanks, Nige and Hargrove, I'll pass the numbers on to the boss. Ken
Ken, I may be off by a few pounds which could be no more than the difference between giving the tractor a thorough pressure clean and wash the belly guards out before loading it, but no more than that.