Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Moving a TL26 Takeuchi

tharden ยท 2021-09-11 12:45

I bought a TL26 but will have to pull it on my trailer. Do I need to disengage the drive motor or drive unit for it to roll? It has been sitting for a while.

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2021-09-12 10:15

    It will not roll, you can unbolt the sprockets from the drive motor and then pull it, the sprockets will ride on the drive motor housing. You could also get pieces of plywood under the tracks if you can lift and drag it with on the plywood. How far do you need to drag it?

  2. #2tharden2021-09-12 17:38

    Thanks for the info. I will have to spin it 90 degrees and about ten feet to the trailer. I got a 24,000 winch this go around and do as you say and slide some two by fours under the track. I'll spray it down with soap too.