We are going to possibly be going to California from the midwest and Are wondering about taking our equipment to California. Not sure what we have to have for emissions testing. Can we take any of our equipment or do we need to have it tested here or when we get to California. Does it matter the year of the Equipment or just what is allowed in the state? Would it be better to buy or rent equipment in California? Thanks
Much depends on the type of job and who it's for. I'm pretty sure that any public works, city, county, state and utility work requires carb approved equipment. It would all be spelled out clearly within any contracts. Renting locally might be the way to go instead of trucking everything to Ca.
X2 Where will you be working in cali?
california job First job is around Fresno. Involves mainline trench of 9 miles. Then about 10 miles of side lines. My Trencher has a Deutz engine on it that's mid nintys but I don't think any aircooled deutz will pass emissions. I don't think I could rent a trencher that would be able to have the speed mine does very reasonable so would really like to take it. I can dig about 40 feet a minute so kind of hard to find one like it. Even considered repowering it if necessary. My other equip I would take is In Middle 2000's so not to concerned about it. I would only need to make two or possibly three trips to move equipment out there and I get paid very well for the move. Thought about even just buying new equipment such as backhoe and skidloader out there and bringing it back when done. Think the price of equipment might be a lot higher though than here in midwest but don't know. Thanks again guys
Well if ya need to know anything about Fresno , let me know. I lived there for 10 years, up until last year when we moved to Jersey! wow 40ft a min thats haulin the mail. To find out the regs on the emissions here is a link www.valleyair.org . Good luck out in Fresno, you puting in fiber in the ground?
california job We are putting in gas lines. Yea the trencher gets with the program. Not sure of the power but in 4 to 500 range. Has a Turbo on each bank of cylinders. Puts away the fuel when you work it. Not real excited to go to Ca to work but if we can do it in the winter might be allright. Anybody know what machines cost out there compared to midwest? Are they higher? Either to buy or rent?
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/ordiesel/ordiesel.htm Also not mentioned is that you are limited to 5 minutes idling at a time. Our office says its a $1000.00 fine for each offense..