Hello All, I just bought an inoperable Cat 931 at an auction and I need to transport it home. Since the engine won't start (not sure why yet), it cannot power itself on to a trailer. I have read that removing the sun gears from the final drives will allow the tracks to free wheel so it can be winched onto a trailer but I can't find detailed instructions on how to remove the sun gears. Is this the best way to get the machine onto a trailer? If yes, does anyone have a link to a set of instructions on the best/easiest way to remove those sun gears? TIA
A 931 with either a 3 forward and 1 reverse or a 3 forward and 3 reverse transmission will roll with the brakes off no need to do anything to finals
Thanks, that's good to hear. After posting the above, I found a diagram of the final drive and it looks to me that there isn't a sun gear in there like in your average excavator so I may have been been sent in the wrong direction in any event :-(
One thing that may also be helpful to you if you put bucket in float you can raise the bucket then put it in hold it will keep the bucket off the ground just note it will drop a little when you are in hold and remove what you lifted it with so raise it more than you want it to be
Good idea, thanks again. I was wondering how I could get that bucket raised a bit. If it isn't raided a foot or so, getting it off the trailer at home could be a bit of a challenge :-o