Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mower Attachment

White Excavating ยท 2017-12-26 22:53

I thought I would share my mower attachment I had built for my mini excavator. In all it works well. I had far less in it than buying one and enjoyed the time building it.

Replies8
  1. #1JPV2017-12-27 00:20

    That looks great, good job! I have put quite a few hours on those things, looks like that one should stand some abuse, just keep the bolts tight between the gearbox and the deck.

  2. #2OTG AuGres2017-12-27 06:47

    Nice looking work! Just curious...what mini are you using it on? Appropriate size and weight?

  3. #3code542017-12-27 18:42

    yes- please tell us more. What kind of flow do you need? Been thinking of building one myself so very interested. NICE WORK!

  4. #4Ben Witter2017-12-28 09:54

    Looks like a nice job of fabrication. You will find any weak points as you use it. The first thing I would do is build a nice heavy guard for the front window. That last thing you want is debris or a piece of the mower flying at you with just a piece of glass protecting you

  5. #5JPV2017-12-28 10:32

    It will look much different after it gets used for a while, you will find out where it needs to be beefed up and what needs to be guarded, I second the windshield guard. Crusher screen works good but gets hard on my eyes to look through, Lexan works great until it gets scratched up on a sunny day but I prefer it.

  6. #6Coastal2017-12-28 10:47

    Any more pics of the underside? Looks great!

  7. #7catman132018-01-01 21:52

    looks great get a sheet of polycarbonate ( bullet proof ) and bolt it over the front window and wear safety glasses ether way to keep glass out of eyes

  8. #8Ropinghorns2018-01-02 20:38

    Mine is just a cheap $300 4 foot brushog with a hydraulic motor to the PTO shaft. I use my thumb hookup for hydraulic supply from my Kubota 121-3 [quick attach]. It is slow but we are mowing stuff no one else can touch and not much of it either.