Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

moxy mt 30

KENNETH A DAVIDSON ยท 2022-09-26 08:02

hello I need help. I have a moxy mt 30 with a zf tranny. It will not go into gear, unless you cycle the key on and off many times then it will go into gear. It will run all day and shift fine until key is turned off. I have power through the harness to gear shift but not down to solenoids. I dont know where to go next. I need help please.

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632022-09-26 08:05

    Do you have a dash display monitor that shows any fault codes?

  2. #2KENNETH A DAVIDSON2022-09-26 12:50

    no doesn't seem to have any codes come up at this time.

  3. #3Bigbert2022-09-26 15:33

    Hi Kenneth, what year of manufacture is your MT30? These got a ZF 6WG200 transmission. In the early 80th there was no TCU box fitted at all. Gear selector feeding solenoids directly. Presumeably only in Moxy 6225. From MT30, guess, it was an EST 2 or EST 25 box. Your MT30 offers a few automatic or at least semi-automatic gear ranges? Like 3-6? Are you able to detect the TCU box? With label? Clean all connectors, plugs from vehicle harness, to gear selector, to TCU, to control valve. Check for corrosion. Check all wires for damages. Ignition switch is fine?

  4. #4KENNETH A DAVIDSON2022-09-26 16:33

    it is a 1991. I am assuming it is that transmission you are talking about. I dont have any diagnostic equipment for this vehicle. I am not sure about ignition switch seems to have power when turned on. I do have 28 volts going from tcu to gear selector and at least to connector under seat but nothing to solenoids or control valve. thank you for helping much appreciated.

  5. #5KENNETH A DAVIDSON2022-09-27 09:35

    I accidently left key on and when I tried to start it this morning everything worked fine until I shut the key off. I had to restart key several times to get it to work , just some more info.

  6. #6Bigbert2022-09-27 11:37

    So my strong suspicion something wrong with key switch

  7. #7KENNETH A DAVIDSON2022-09-27 13:09

    Okay I have a spare one. I will try tonight to see what happens thanks.