Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

moxy mt36 transmission problem help

kenaustin ยท 2009-08-11 15:27

The transmission is a komatsu and the problem is it works fine and then will not move at all. Does not seem temperature related, oil smells fine. You might go to it the next day and it works fine for a little bit. then quits. Any help appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Sk1872009-08-11 22:28

    I cannot remember what model we had (I can check) but I think it was a mt36. We had 2 and each one had about 3 transmissions a piece. I remember one was acting like you describe and it was something or another but it cost alot. I'll see what model we had, either way I hate Moxy/Komatsu transmissions.

  2. #2Cmark2009-08-12 03:26

    Is the tranny in these not a ZF? anyone?

  3. #3John C.2009-08-12 21:28

    I think I have to agree with CMark. I've never seen a Moxy truck that didn't have a ZF tranny. I've worked around many Komatsu machines over the years and have never had to pull a transmission out of any Komatsu. It is also not stated as to how many hours are on these units.