Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MP DR code 34 BPI sensor and 36 ABP sensor for 1992 Hitachi EX 200-2

Lakedweller · 2024-10-31 09:48

Hi all. I finally got windr and mpdr both loaded in my laptop and am able to communicate with my EX200-2. The software returned 3 codes. 26 DP sensor 34 BPI sensor 36 ABP sensor I see procedures in my manual for the code 26 to address the DP sensor, but I cannot find any data or mention of code 34 or 36 in my manuals, nor does anything show up on an internet search. Has anyone seen these codes and have information to troubleshoot these sensors. What are the purpose of these sensors? Where are they on the machine? Is it possible that my machine never had these installed when born? Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Greg

Replies5
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-10-31 11:12

    The ABP and BPI sensors are used on a -3 model. .

  2. #2Lakedweller2024-10-31 11:51

    Awesome. Thanks for the intel! I'm assuming then it's safe to just ignore those faults since my machine is before that time. For anyone else reading, I did learn a lot about getting some of this cheap Ebay/Amazon software and com cable to communicate with my machine. Feel free to reach out if you need help. Just keep digging, just keep digging, just keep digging!

  3. #3Andy K2024-10-31 18:37

    I’m new to fixing excavators so I’d be interested in hearing what you bought and how you made it all work. I have a 120-3 machine. It’s been running great since I fixed a DP sensor and a few other issues. I’d like to get out in front before something rears its evil head again. What symptoms is your machine is having? Harbor Fraud has a sensor back probe kit that was really handy when checking the sensor voltages. I have an old variable 1-10v power supply I use to measure sensor voltages off the machine. It was nice to check that DP sensor 10x on the bench before I spent $2k on a new one. Andy

  4. #4Lakedweller2024-11-01 08:40

    Dave, would you mind sending me the PDF of the manuals you have for the dash 3. I'm guessing that the manuals are mostly similar, but my manual won't allow me to search because I think it is something that was scanned in rather than created in Adobe. I would love to have a clear searchable copy to accompany mine. [email protected]

  5. #5Diesel Dave2024-11-01 08:59

    Check your forum messages.