Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mt St Helens Logging Equipment Hiking Trip

JeremyM70 ยท 2012-10-02 21:03

So I am pondering a hiking trip up to Mt St Helens this coming weekend, either Saturday or Sunday afternoon to see the volcano blasted yarder and other equipment. Any other locals interested in going?

Replies3
  1. #1Knocker of rock2012-10-02 22:34

    Check land ownership. Weyerhauser and Hancock are shut down until it rains. Hancock requires a permit at all times, and some parts of the Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Area do not allow "off trail hiking".

  2. #2JeremyM702012-10-02 22:39

    This place is in the National Volcanic Monument on the Coldwater Trail. No off trail hiking needed, plus very little to burn up there.

  3. #3I AM IRONMAN2012-10-03 00:58

    I would love to see that Volcano! I remember when it errupted, shot ash all over the country. I hope you can take lots of pictures to show, Have fun!:drinkup