Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mt55 new rollers and tracks now bouncing??

heavydutymatt ยท 2023-11-20 14:08

So my bushings and rollers were shot. I bought all the parts I needed and a manual. I pressed all the bushings, zerks, shaft seals, and idler pin. All new! Even the tracks. Now when I drive the machine there's a rhythmic bounce going on. ( I have a video but it won't let me upload it. I'll try to upload it later.) The only difference I found were on the tracks. The metal guides are spaced half an inch more on the new tracks then the old ones. I don't know if that affects the drive sprocket, i.e. I need a new one? I was wondering if this has happened to anybody? what part of the system should I be looking at?

Replies4
  1. #1crewchief8882023-11-20 17:07

    sprockets are in pretty bad shape. bobcat or aftermarket tracls?

  2. #2heavydutymatt2023-11-20 20:02

    Bobcat official everything. Yes, the sprocket is old I didn't think it would do something like this but I guess I should replace it. I've read that sprockets where into the tracks to create a perfect mate.

  3. #3Simon C2023-11-21 21:35

    I changed a set of T110 sprockets for a guy that had more wear left than yours. Did this job with my wifes help in 1 day. Any Questions fire away. Simon C more wear left than what you have. Those sprockets are eating your new tracks. Send to recycle

  4. #4Simon C2023-11-21 21:39

    Hopefully these pictures give you the ideas of how I did it. Simon C