Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Muffler for CAT 216

blawton_25 ยท 2013-08-19 08:32

The muffler on my 216 is rusted out. Any source to buy these other than directly from CAT?

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2013-08-19 10:05

    You don't say what the Serial Number prefix is, but try this. There are Cat "Classic" parts available that are substantially cheaper than the normal parts. I went into the system at random for a 216 skid steer of 4NZ prefix. A Cat Classic muffler is around $90, the standard muffler is $205. Have a word on your Cat dealer first is my suggestion.

  2. #2blawton_252013-08-20 16:00

    I must be dense. I've gone to the CAT Classic parts page but don't see a section for skid steers or anywhere to put in my serial number.

  3. #3Nige2013-08-20 16:05

    What's your Serial Number prefix..? If it is 4NZ is the Serial Number below or above 3400..?

  4. #4blawton_252013-08-20 17:04

    Serial # is 4NZ00960

  5. #5Nige2013-08-20 18:15

    Classic Muffler for 4NZ00960 is listed as 360-2297. See attached illustration.