Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mulcher/ brush cutter attachment

bonanno23 ยท 2009-06-22 19:46

I don't have any experience with either attachment. anyone have any advice words of wisdom before I rent one of these attachments. I will be using them on my tak 150 most likely. The job is 3 acres of flat land that was cleared 3 years ago. Customer wants me to come in and chop everything down again. Not my usual work type but its work. any advice will be greatly appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1bill53622009-06-22 21:40

    I have a Loftness Carbide Cutter G2 not the most popular cutter head on the forum. It works well on 5" tress and smaller and under brush. I would have a break resistance glass and keep an eye on your hydraulic temp. Check your radiator screen often if it is very dry. Hopefully things work out well for you, and watch our for wire fencing and steel posts.

  2. #2bonanno232009-06-22 21:48

    ok thank you. I'll probably do the job next weekend, so I'll fill you in on my results.

  3. #3bill53622009-06-22 21:52

    Sounds good let me know how it works out for you, and if I can help in anyway. I hope things go well for and stay safe.

  4. #4HeyUvaVT2009-06-23 22:37

    i hate to speak out of turn but if you are planning on getting a mulching attachment 99% of them run off high flow...which the TL150 doesnt have unless you have an aftermarket setup...as for the different types of heads the G2 is a good head as a representative of the carbide hammer design...i have always preferred the planar teeth of heads like DENIS CIMAF they provide a much cleaner cut and better finished product...downside is that they dont like rocks

  5. #5Heavyduty2009-06-24 13:53

    Forgetaboutit!

  6. #6bonanno232009-06-26 18:21

    HeyUvaVT, thank you, I'm not familiar with them at all. My 297 has highflow so I'll use it on that. I just prefer the tak in rough situations. I didn't think about the highflow problem before I made my post.

  7. #7txbrushbuster2009-06-28 01:53

    If the brush is 0-4'' in diam. go with a heavy shredder. ( cleared 3 years ago? ) Three ac shouldn't even take a full day. Not worth the cost of a mulcher. I think you might have a hard time finding rental mulcher att. for a one day job.

  8. #8jimmyjack2009-06-28 10:30

    id just go with a heavy brushhog mower ...most say they can do up to 3-4 inches and they will take down bigger ,and if it was cleared 3 years ago ,most of that should be just grass and small brush which the fecon heads arent meant for i hope u have an enclosed cab ,cause cutting grass/brush sucks if you dont..imo