Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Multech Heavy Haul Trailer Parts

Pdexter1210 · 2025-11-21 11:33

We just purchased an early 80's Multech LFF45C Tri/A Folding Neck Lowboy to haul the excavator from farm to farm and I'm trying to locate a source for parts for the trailer but I haven't found much of any information on the web. Specifically, one of the lift feet cylinders is bad and needs replaced (broken housing). The cylinder is a bit of an odd bird and I'm having trouble finding something similar. Any leads on where I could look for parts?

Replies4
  1. #1mowingman2025-11-21 12:23

    Are you talking about a hydraulic cylinder? If so, any good hydraulic shop can get you a new one, or build a new one for you. Just take the original one in so they can get measurements. Will it be cheap? No!!!

  2. #2Pdexter12102025-11-21 12:38

    Yep, the hydraulic lift cylinder. We have it at the hydraulic shop and they can manufacture the broken housing, but I’m searching for a more economical route vs reinventing the wheel. A salvage yard that might have a rebuildable cylinder, for example.

  3. #3crane operator2025-11-21 22:29

    A fairly rare trailer being kept around, for parts, from 45 years ago? Yeah, I don't think there's going to be anything available for that. But who knows. If you want help, maybe some pictures and dimensions of the cylinder posted up? Is this a Muv all trailer?

  4. #4Truck Shop2025-11-22 06:02

    If there was a trailer like that in a salvage yard, you can bet it was the first part removed. Salvage yards don't collect old trailers, take up too much space and not much to be removed for profit, it either becomes a storage shed or in the case of a flat/lowboy---a bridge.