Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Multi-Lock Hitch

Anto Modded · 2009-03-27 16:48

Have a kubota kx41-2, have buckets that i use on it from a kh36, kh41 and a hinowa dm8 and a kobelco. The pin holes are all the same but the distance from pn to pin is slightly different. I ve seen quick hitch's on other mini diggers and they say ''multi lock'' on them. the hoop on the front catch's the bucket like normal but on the back there is a screw that you wind easily to tighten the bucket which allows you to use different buckets if you get what i mean. Trying to find where i would get one or any information on them. Hope i explained it well. The screw would be where you usally put the long bar in to release the bucket.

Replies11
  1. #1AtlasRob2009-03-27 18:01

    I think you are looking for what the boys over the water call a wedgelock. The front hooks onto the front pin then the wedge goes under the rear pin as you turn the long screw that runs through its centre. Try this http://www.min-ex.co.uk/harford-quick-hitch-manual.pdf

  2. #2Anto Modded2009-03-27 19:35

    Yes thats the idea alright, any ideas what price they are roughly

  3. #3strott2009-03-28 15:21

    About £350-£400 if I remember correctly!!!! Either try harford direct or a couple of kubota dealers as some offered me this when I was purchasing machines.

  4. #4Anto Modded2009-03-28 15:54

    i priced a normal hitch at 150 euro which sounds good but unfortunately no good. At least i know what to ask for now anyway

  5. #5AtlasRob2009-03-28 16:49

    They have a type of wedgelock on the Bobcat mini and midis that the cable duct subby is using. I'll try and get some pictures and details off them if they are back in the compound tomorrow.

  6. #6Anto Modded2009-03-28 18:22

    thanks

  7. #7strott2009-03-30 14:13

    The bobcat system is called an xchange system (I think) - it uses dedicated buckets though so would be no good with standard pin on buckets let alone buckets with different pin centres!! Ironic really that something that is meant to make life easier actually makes as many issues as it solves at first!!!!!!

  8. #8AtlasRob2009-03-30 15:33

    I agree 100% but I wasnt talking about The Bobcat system I was talking about what was on the Bobcats I have also encountered a Klac system :beatsme As chance would have it these are Harford Wedgelock hitches. They have a safety bar across the front pin retained by a small clip. That round bit in the middle takes a 1/2" ratchet to wind the wedge in or out. You need to find out how much variation you can have in the pin centres. From the back, this is the wedge. For clarification as somebody is bound to suss me out. The pictures are not all the same machine, they were parked and I got the best I could with what was available

  9. #9cps2009-03-30 16:10

    Can i ask, do you have to insert the back pin manaully like some semi's or is it like a spring lock hitch?

  10. #10Anto Modded2009-03-30 16:22

    Both pins stay in the bucket and the rear of the hitch has like a screw that tightens instead of a spring, so other buckets can be used with slightly different gaps between pins. @ AtlasRob..... nice pics, ones i seen said multilock on them but they hadnt got that red pin.

  11. #11AtlasRob2009-03-30 16:25

    No, it is as its name suggests, Wedge Lock. Pick up on the front pin, crowd bucket, screw centre boss with 1/2" ratchet which turns a coarse threaded bar that is attached to a wedge shape plate that moves under the rear pin. Being wedge shaped the tighter you turn the boss the tighter the rear pin is trapped. I suppose in truth it is like a spring lock, in that it utilises two pins set in the bucket. on Edit, you are welcome, that safety tab is a must, the way things are going.