Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Multiple codes C3.4

JOEL GAMARRA ยท 2021-05-28 13:08

Hello, can you support me with the diagnostic tree of this engine. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2021-05-28 14:49

    Those are Logged Codes which means they were there once but are not there now. Codes from the past in other words. The Codes you really need to be worried about (if there are any) are the ones in the next box below the one in your illustration, titled Active Diagnostic Codes. EDIT: I opened your attachment. There are no Active Codes. You should be able to delete all the Logged Codes one by one using ET.

  2. #2JOEL GAMARRA2021-05-30 09:55

    Hello Nigi, thanks for your help, the problem I have are high counts of the registered events, it is because after 30 minutes of operation, the machine loses power, and generates these codes, turns off and again after 30 minutes loses power. The codes have already been erased and they appear again. I do not have access to siscat, only ET, so I needed the diagnostic trees to determine the cause.

  3. #3Nige2021-05-30 11:46

    If you had given the full story at the start then the answer would have been different. What you need to do is run the engine until the Codes become Active, then stop it before it stops itself. The reason is that the Diagnostic procedures I will send to you depend on the Codes being Active to work correctly.

  4. #4Nige2021-05-30 12:16

    I have another question for you. Are you operating this engine on Ultra-Low Sulphur (ULSD) diesel fuel.?

  5. #5JOEL GAMARRA2021-05-30 13:08

    Thank you very much, there are 3 machines operating on the same fuel, 1 without problems, the 2 had code 5055 and was erased with ET. This is the only one that presents this problem, I would appreciate your help.

  6. #6Nige2021-05-30 13:25

    3 identical machines all with C3.4B engines.? If so, then i agree that fuel quality is not likely to be your problem, but I still think that you should do some investigation and confirm that the fuel you are using is ULSD to remove all doubts. I hope you are aware that the 5055 Codes could indicate leakage of fuel into the engine oil.?

  7. #7JOEL GAMARRA2021-05-30 14:14

    That's right, possible causes were investigated, after the oil change a sample was taken and sent for analysis, negative for fuel.

  8. #8JOEL GAMARRA2021-05-30 14:16

    This is the report