Hi, I have a few questions that have been on my mind, maybe you all can shed some light on them. 1) I'm looking for an air compressor tool set. I want to take it in the bush so I assume it would be gas powered, but I don't know about the HP or gallons for the tank. I want to be able to reef on 20-35mm bolts. 2) There is a small hydraulic oil leak coming from the right hand control stick. Finning gave me a parts break-down, it looks simple to change the "orbital seal" they called it, but I am still apprehensive, should I be, or is it really easy to change? 3) I lost functioning exterior lights, checked the fuse and seen it was melted to the fusebox. Am I looking for a bare wire that contacted metal surface somewhere, or is there a deeper issue? 4) I have to replace the door windows on an excavator, should I go to finning and get a replacement or are there cheaper alternatives? Thanks!
In regards to question #1,are you talking about a portable air compressor ? Question #2 is imposable for anyone to answer without knowing what kind of excavator it is. I assume it is a Caterpiller because I searched Google for finning. I found a Caterpillar dealer website in Canada for--- Finning. Looks like they have about 30 or so locations
Best of luck.
Thanks for the answers. I have enough info now and sorry for the lack of detail and sentence structure.
Don't worry about sentence structure or spelling. We are all here to try and help each other. I am curious as to where you decided to get your glass. Did you have to go to the Cat dealer for it ?
Be careful when you approach the glass replacement. Most glass installed in equipment nowdays is tempered safety glass, must be cut to size then tempered. I have used laminated safety glass in a pinch, which can be cut to size then installed. DO NOT use standard plate glass.
Regarding the melted fuse, I think a direct short will just blow the fuse. I think more likely a poor connection, that is high resistance in the fuse box itself which causes heat. Either a poor connection with the fuse contacts themselves or the connections in the fuse box. I've seen this quite a bit when there are rivets that make the connection from the wires to the copper bars. The rivets get slightly loose or corroded and heat starts to build. Other possibility is there is a circuit drawing too much for some reason and someone replaced the fuse with a higher amp one.