Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MultiQuip Hog Crusher???????

mike s ยท 2012-02-05 20:36

Does any one have any input on this attachment? Im Looking really hard at this attachment and have not heard anything about it. Im not looking to open up a recycle plant but to use it on small demo jobs and other stuff like that. It would be nice to have this at my shop on a rainy day also. Even if no one has input just some thoughts on what you guys think would be good!!!!

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies29
  1. #1mike s2012-02-05 20:45

    Some pics for guys who have not seen it.

  2. #2KSSS2012-02-06 02:27

    I looked at these at ConExpo and it probably has a place, if I recall its production rate was around 10 tons an hour. Thats not quite a dump truck per hour. I was not exactly overwhelmed with that. Considering that rate is likely under optimal conditions, it would take a while to process material. However I have not heard from anyone that actually has one either, maybe their are more productive than the numbers would suggest.

  3. #3mike s2012-02-06 08:19

    Ya your not going to make mountains of material but I was thinking of putting this attachment on my 864 and feeding it with the rc30. Alot of the work I have right now is tearing out old concrete in very tight places. Most of the concrete is old, broken, thin, and junk. I hope I wouldnt over run the attachment with the asv! LOL!

  4. #4Bumpus2012-02-06 10:51

    . Small crushers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAGVZIlSegU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mINZC0IEFy4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZunpqt9kbM

  5. #5mike s2012-02-06 19:00

    The second video I have not seen before. Nice post.

  6. #6Yellowdog2012-02-06 23:38

    what does something like that run? Could find a multitude of uses for it where I live. A rock crusher attachment (like a brush mower for rocks) is about 30k..

  7. #7mike s2012-02-07 04:59

    in my quest for info on this thing i have seen them around 10-15k

  8. #8KSSS2012-02-08 01:24

    I like the idea of these smaller crushers. I think that at some point the cost of fuel will make onsite material processing more profitable than trucking old material out and new material in. I am would be curious as to what the anticipated cost per hour that skid steer attachment runs at.

  9. #9Bumpus2012-02-08 11:06

    . I might be possible to buy the crusher and mount it on another peace of equipment, or even on a pick up truck or pull trailer, with a different power source ( motor and pump ) .

  10. #10Yellowdog2012-02-08 16:21

    I've been thinking more and more about this. I do about 30% of my work doing driveways and site pads. Nothing fancy, just crushed base or doing rehab on an existing road. I clean out ditches, grade caliche roads, and in the process, pull up a lot of rocks. Our limestone is endless.. I live on a virtual rock farm. About 15 years ago, I would use a Rockhound to pick my fields and trails clean. I loved that attachment but it was flimsy and high maintenance if you hit a rock over 6". It was amazing, though. Looking at that portable hog, I can see it having it's place if it could be used like a bucket to scoop up oversize rocks after grading a road or cleaning the drains. I envision spreading the material (crushed and mixed) into low spots, then running the compactor over it. Since a lot of old ranch roads are made of caliche that gets soft when it rains, mixing rocks on top like would be a good way to make the roads all weather. I can also see this being used to lay a gravel course before putting down 3/4 crushed base which I've found usually needs something hard under it. I want to get into demolition more, too, and crushing rocks, cinder blocks, and bricks would be interesting. If I work with a small trucking company, 1 or 2 trucks, and a lot of my jobs are in tight spaces anyway, I am only getting about 13-26 tons an hour out of my job sites anyway. Living in the boonies it's a long haul to the pit and dump sites. I'd like to demo one vs the rock crusher from FAE. The FAE thing looks like a great tool for a CTL or skid but it's about 2600 lbs, needs high flow, and throws material. It's probably more productive but more limited in that you have to crush the material when it's laid out. Would be useful in a field or after rough grading a road but it doesn't seem as practical on a building or demo site.

  11. #11mike s2012-02-09 08:28

    I am lining up a demo on the hog crusher and hope to get some questions answered.

  12. #12AusDave2012-02-09 09:32

    Bucket crushers I've started using one the these bucket crushers made by Baughans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmWK0lBi2OQ It's a 27" model I've adapted to my skidsteer but it usually would fit a 3.5 ton plus mini excavator and work like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFUGgKghJW8&feature=youtu.be Below I have listed the four bucket crusher models and throughput per hour. Throughput per hour is determined by hydraulic flow and the type of material you are crushing. Loose, smaller material such as mixed brick & concrete will crush faster than large lumps of reinforced concrete. But if it fits in the bucket it will crush! Excavators from 1.5 ton, 18'" - 1 to 3 ton per hour Excavators from 3.5 ton, 27'" - 3 to 12 ton per hour Excavators from 7.5 ton, 32" - 5 to 15 ton per hour Excavators from 13 ton, 39 " - 10 - 30 ton per hour I have recently begun importing them into Australia and in the use I have given them so far, I've found the crusher to be very versatile especially with regard to what can be crushed. Reinforced concrete is no problem and the simple design makes it almost maintenance free. If something uncrushable like a lump of steel gets in the jaws then the jaws reverse and no damage is done. These crushers are the lowest cost solution I have found for crushing concrete, building waste etc and they have models to fit excavators down to 1.5 tons. (18" model). Let me know if you would like any further information. AusDave

  13. #13mike s2012-02-09 15:16

    What kind of price do those buckets go for?

  14. #14AusDave2012-02-09 23:51

    Bucket Crusher Hi Mike. In Australia the 18" bucket crusher is $10,900, the 27" model $15,500, the 32" model $19,900 and the 39" model $31,900 Cost would vary a bit with regard to shipping and currency movements but this gives you a reasonable idea. The carbide tipped pins are the simple knockout and replace variety and the buckets are generally manufactured with a custom headstock to suit your excavator pin spacings & dimensions. AusDave

  15. #15Yellowdog2012-02-11 15:41

    I inquired about the multihog at the dealer and was told they do not do well with rocks. That was disappointing. The sales rep recommended the Norco rock crusher but from the short video, it seemed to vibrate the heck out of the host machine and let a lot of stuff fall through that was bigger than the advertised 2" or minus. I've really been thinking about some type of small crusher but if one like the hog isn't good for small rocks, then I'm left with the rock crusher attachment by FAE or similar manufacturer and I don't think it would be as versatile and will use a lot more fuel. I was on a job site today where there was a lot of loose rock in a dry creek bed. That material would have been good to start the gravel road if it was crushed. Still looking.

  16. #16mike s2012-02-12 11:24

    I talked with multi quip and they said that it is not a great rock only crusher but will crush some types of rocks that may get mixed in. Good to know that stuff

  17. #17andrewpond2012-09-29 21:35

    Hello, I am also interested in compact crushing and looking at Hog bucket. Did u buy one?

  18. #18andrewpond2012-10-02 19:06

    Hey mike. Did u get a crusher? I am seriously interested in hog crusher. Any more feed back or info?

  19. #19Nolimit2012-12-18 21:15

    I had a demo given of the hog cruhser. I had seen one in a video crushing curb concrete ( which is a very sandy mix) and it looked alright. As I am a concrete contractor I brought concrete from several different driveways we had taken out and it could barley make it through. If you are looking to crush regular rock concrete i.e.. driveways, patios, foundations, do NOT buy this attachment. If you are crushing things like cinder blocks or curbing then it would work great.

  20. #20andrewpond2013-01-21 22:02

    So is there any other choices/alternat for similar applications? Are they in North America too.

  21. #21mbcrusher2013-03-14 09:01

    Mike, did you ever demo the hog crusher? please let me know. I have a skid steer crusher (jaw) that will meet production expectations. Thanks casey cell# 775-843-9498 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHCRcbDkoBY

  22. #22amscontr2014-02-02 12:45

    We're in the same dilema here trying to figure out which crusher attachment to buy or even a portable track crusher. So far the best I've seen on the net is a Komplet RCB 6000 bucket they say can handle reinforced concrete, block, glass, wood etc. Just hate to spend a bunch of money on a useless piece of equipment.

  23. #23joispoi2014-02-04 14:20

    Do any of the crusher attachments earn their keep? I have yet to see a demo video where they aren't running preprocessed 6" minus or smaller through the machine.

  24. #24pondo2014-02-28 10:02

    HI Guys Any buddy make head way on small crushers? Took time off work to goto Demo of RedRinho...disaster 2hr barely crusher 10 ton. Found local company the is using komplet lemtrack 60-40. Talk to actual operator...but he is paid by hour and does not have clue on TPH. but did not sound like it could justify $200k plus investment but I will be meeting him in spring when he is crushing again.

  25. #25joispoi2014-03-01 15:21

    My understanding is that the crusher attachments are typically accompanied with buyers' remorse. Production is low, and it ties up an operator and a machine. If the billing price on a machine is $70-100+/hr and it's being used to power one of those toy crushers, it had better be stacking 40+ tons per hour if the attachment is going to pay for itself.

  26. #26pondo2014-03-01 17:05

    Okay, thxs Joispoi. Maybe I should start another thread. ..but if it's not any attachment. Is there another solution to recycle concrete with? what about a small dedicated crusher? And I do me small under 10 http://www.trackmancrushers.com/id30.html . But alway will need a proceesor or cracker...an attachment...looking at ALLIGATOR DEMOLITION http://www.trackmancrushers.com/id1.html I am not recommended this company just seriously looking at this type of product...

  27. #27holeworx2023-05-02 02:32

    I have a hog crusher bucket. Currently running it on a JCB 225 skidsteer . I have been running my demo concrete through a static pulverizer on my ZX120.the product that goes into the Hog is 300mm max in size.I havnt done any time tests as yet.

  28. #28holeworx2023-05-04 01:16

    Spent about 5hours on the skid steer today

  29. #29holeworx2023-05-19 05:41

    So 10ish hours total.dont think it would be 100ton.but 60 -80