Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Murphy Diesel Injector Wrench

Greg M ยท 2022-07-06 02:11

Greetings All, Working on a Murphy model 21 diesel. Need an injector removal wrench. Tee handle style with approx. 5/8 diameter gear that fits in a well in the cylinder head to unthread the injector. Any out there?? Please Help. Thanx!

Replies4
  1. #1excavator2022-07-06 11:16

    The last time I worked on a Murphy was well over 10 years ago, back then there was a place in Florida who would rent out the wrench but they are now out of business. If I remember correctly a 5/8" splined shaft from a hydraulic pump is very close to being the same, I compared the two when I had the wrench. You should be able to look down along side the injector and count the splines if they're the same you can build your own wrench.

  2. #2skyking12022-07-06 21:52

    The Operating Engineer's school outside of Ellensburg is still running a Murphy on a jaw crusher, they *might* have one somewhere.

  3. #3Coaldust2022-07-07 00:41

    HeavyEquipmentForums Check out this thread.

  4. #4Toolslinger2022-07-07 06:19

    These folks advertise parts and restoration on Murphys... Might be worth a call... https://www.gerhartmachinery.com/engine-repair.htm