Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

musical excavator!!!!

diggerop ยท 2011-09-06 02:16

As we all know just about everything that moves these days has an alarm on it, either a flashing light or an audible alarm. On this excavator stairs the alarm used to be a loud beep beep, like a reversing alarm. Then someone worked out that it could be changed to give different sounds. Follow the link and hear what we have now. It gets changed a bit but this is my favourite. It certainly gets anyones attention if they are nearby. :bouncegri http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWwI50JS89w

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies14
  1. #1Bossfoss2011-09-06 22:08

    Lol I wish my skid steer would make that noise when I started it, I could be be having the worst day and that would put a smile on my face

  2. #2Exact Express2011-09-06 22:47

    I heard a strange one the other day, sounded like the loader was trying to cough up a hair ball.

  3. #3JTL2011-09-06 23:27

    Thats good. Reminds me of that classic sceen in Blazing Saddels!

  4. #4Bossfoss2011-09-07 07:19

    Great movie.....telegram for mongo...

  5. #5Aliate2011-09-07 07:39

    broad band sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkFdFP5ffRo

  6. #6csthompson122011-09-07 10:00

    Hahah, now thats funny.

  7. #7JimBruce422011-09-07 11:17

    HAH I like it!

  8. #8golfy2011-09-07 19:11

    ok so can u change it through the standard hitachi screen in the cab??

  9. #9wnydirtguy2011-09-07 19:33

    stairs down music should be "Take this job and shove it"

  10. #10diggerop2011-09-08 05:26

    I don't know where they change it, I thought it might be in this thing with the flashing light where the sound comes out of, but there is two of them. Or it's more likely be in the control box with the up and down buttons as its a largish box that can be opened. I doubt that it is in the computer in the cab. :beatsme

  11. #11r_steven2011-09-08 06:44

    I want one!

  12. #12golfy2011-09-08 06:56

    ah ok.. from what i remember there wasn't much in that stair control box... the way i read your first post when u said "it gets changed a fair bit" I thought that the operators must have changed via the screen or something quite easily.. BTW.. how do u find the electro over hydraulic controls??.. i found the dash 6 quite boring to operate.. i like "mixing the cake" in the old dash 5's!!!

  13. #13Yellowirondude2011-09-09 19:54

    Last month, when in Afghanistan, I drove by a contractors water truck; who was reversing; and it was that annoying car alarm we have come to hear. Every time I hear an alarm like that, makes me think.....

  14. #14JTL2011-09-10 22:08

    A buddy of mine and me were drinking some beer one night discussing work and such. He said something about how they need to make a back up alarm that beeps in Spanish, so all the laborers on the job would pay attention to them. The Mexican Hat dance would be a good one!