Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustang 930 I think

ChrisMWood ยท 2024-03-12 18:01

Hi There, I've picked up an old Mustang skid steer in parts. LH Drive Motor removed (In pieces). I think its a late model 930, It has a 3 cylinder diesel. Guess is Yanmar 3TN82E, but the displacement stamp on the block doesn't match the manual I have. Cast stamp says 1395cc, but I can't find any other ID tags. Another thing that doesn't line up to the manual is the radiator location, this one is mounted above the engine, not behind. Its center stick drive, and has the disc brakes located in the chain case. Could anyone help with the ID? Also, with the dismantled drive motor I believe part of the motor I have is still connected to cluster sprocket. Should the sprocket come off leaving part of the output shaft on the drive motor. I'm trying to find a replacement, but struggling with the output shaft specs. I think the issue was the drive shaft inside the motor shed some splines. See attached photos. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1monroe102024-03-17 17:08

    The one I have is 1996 mustang 960 it has Isuzu engine

  2. #2apetad2024-03-18 13:16

    332 Mustang had the three cylinder diesel.

  3. #3MarcusZ19672024-03-18 13:27

    The OMC Mustang 441 we have runs a 4cyl Perkins.

  4. #4ChrisMWood2024-03-18 16:55

    Thanks for that.. I had a better look on the machine. The tag serial numbers are worn, but it has 342 stamped into the side of it. The manual for machine is really good, and has has clear instructions for removing the Hex Nut