Hello all, I am in dire need of a service and parts manual for a mustang 960 skidsteer manual. I have one with a broken drive chain and would like to be able to repair in one swoop! while I have it apart, I want to know if just the chain failed or if there is a bigger problem with the hydro drive motor. This is a 199? something machine. Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help. This is the first time on any kind of forum, so I am still a bit green on how to post. hopefully this is going through properly.
If you have not seen this thread yet, go here to request a .pdf copy of the 930/940/960 manual. I have a copy I obtained through this thread to help with my 940. It's an older manual, but spot on for my ~1993 940. I also found a .pdf copy of the 940 parts manual, but I don't believe it covers the 960. I'll check when I get home this evening. Best of luck on your 960. I bought my 940 back at the end of April, and have been taking care of issues on it as I get time. Think I have it 98% sorted out now, and it's surprising what a loader of that size will do. Your 960 will have ~1500 lbs and ~18hp on a 940, so it should really be able to get some work done. It's hard to find a negative comment about this series of Mustang - concensus seems to be that they are pretty reliable workhorses.