Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MV3 Valve leaking

Hunter013 · 2024-03-07 20:01

2005 Peterbilt 378 MV3 valve leaks out of exhaust port when tractor brakes are set. Intermittently leaks when tractor brakes are released, but stops if I hit the foot brake. Changed the MV3 valve, no change. What else should I look for?

Replies8
  1. #1Hunter0132024-03-07 20:54

    I also took off the delivery lines for tractor and trailer and there is slight air pressure coming out of the delivery ports.

  2. #2Truck Shop2024-03-07 21:27

    If there is pressure at the delivery ports of either the MV3 valve or the Foot Valve--you need to trace those lines back--because your getting back feed from a anti-compounding QR1C valve or something along those lines. Hell even a brake can leaking internally can cause a back feed pressure to delivery.

  3. #3Hunter0132024-03-07 21:30

    The air is coming out of the delivery ports on the valve itself. So the only lines hooked up are the 2 supply lines. Do I trace those back? Are they both supposed to have constant supply?

  4. #4Truck Shop2024-03-08 16:58

    With buttons out?

  5. #5Hunter0132024-03-08 16:59

    Correct. Button’s pulled out

  6. #6Truck Shop2024-03-08 17:06

    With supply lines in correct positions on the MV3--and delivery lines removed-there should be no leaks through delivery ports--bad MV3.

  7. #7Hunter0132024-03-08 21:20

    Put a bendix valve in it and so far works great. The last 2 we had in it were automann brands.

  8. #8Truck Shop2024-03-08 21:42

    I'm not fan of off brand air valves--I either use genuine Sealco or Bendix-just for the same issue you had. You don't want to replace a set of dash valves twice in a Freightliner Classic cab-it's not a good day.