Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My 580c Case

utahjd1 ยท 2013-04-10 11:13

Been a member for a few months but have yet to take picture of my 580c. I got this off my local town for $2100.00 I'm going to dump $1,000 into this year rebuilding the front bucket repacking all the cylinders new pins and bushings in the boom, dipper, bucket just to tighten the machine back up. New battery. I may repaint it once I get any bugs out of it. I plan on doing some big updating to the cab. New seat new gauge set up. Yes I plan on doing all the wok my self. About a year before the town sold it I guess only one brake worked on it and when they brought it back from the town garage on the low boy the guy that was unloading it off the trailer was told not to hit the brakes at all in tell it's off the trailer. Well he did and dumped the tractor on it's side.....broke some glass and the lights got damaged. But other then that it runs great just needs a lot of little things hear and there. But I'm hoping to be able to sell it in a few years for a profit. But we will have to see what happens. Every guys needs a backhoe so I may just keep it.

Replies16
  1. #1Colt_Cowboy2013-04-10 14:59

    Welcome to the board! That's a really nice looking 580c. I'd say you stole it for $2100.

  2. #2ghitch752013-04-11 14:31

    stolen yes!!!!....$2100.00 was a great deal......good luck with it!!!

  3. #3utahjd12013-04-11 18:10

    I was looking at the rear bucket and was wondering how I would go about adding new teeth. I don't see any holes for flex pins. I'm I just stuck with weld on teeth for this bucket?

  4. #4Deon2013-04-11 19:48

    Looks like all that's left are the shanks. You can cut those off and weld on new shanks that you can attach the teeth to. New teeth won't stay on shanks that have been used as teeth.

  5. #5utahjd12013-04-12 06:36

    I'll just run it until they get smaller.

  6. #6utahjd12013-05-01 06:51

    I'm looking at a bucket for a C, D, E. It's in real good shape and it's going for cheap. The guy is saying it's 7' 11" wide. I can't find any info on a bucket made that wide. It was made in '85 Here is the info on it made by: central fabricators part #: C900515-2393 Model #: 580-E Serial #: 96FL18129. Capacity: 2.5 yds made on: 12/85.

  7. #7sheepfoot2013-05-01 18:09

    Nice buy, the bucket your looking at is a trash, wood chip, snow, air bucket. The 580's had a short lip at around 74" and a long lip which also 4x1 bucket was close to 82". Heaped the short lip is around 7/8 yard, the long lip and 4x1 holds a yard heaped. It would be hard pressed to load and work that machine in the dirt much at 2.5 yards and the extra width with a 2 wheel drive 580.

  8. #8utahjd12013-05-01 18:54

    thats kinda what I figured. Auction ends in a hour or two. I'm thinking i'm going to pass on it. But it's at a steal for 99 buckes even though I'd have to travel from maine to new york to pick it up. I don't want to stick a huge bucket like that on my 580c and run the tractor into the ground. who knows that would break :Banghead

  9. #9Bob t2013-05-01 20:49

    utahjd1 don't you need a snow bucket in Maine that's a good price.

  10. #10utahjd12013-05-02 06:00

    It sold for almost 300.00 should of jumped on it but what ever. I'm looking at a 4-1 and a reg long lip bucket. 4-1 is make me a offer for all the controls and bucket. what do you think a good price is on that set up? The long lip the guy wants $700.00

  11. #11utahjd12013-05-02 06:05

    what kind of headachs would I go throught setting up a 4-1 on my 580c?

  12. #12TLR152013-05-02 16:42

    I don't think it would be too bad. I have one on my tractor. Let me know if you want to take a run up to me to have a look or I could take pictures of all the hoses and connections for ya.

  13. #13utahjd12013-05-05 08:06

    I was running my 580c yesterday clearing some land to plant grass. Not really pushing it to hard but it started to overheat. The radiator on this thing needs to be changed it looks like the neck has been patched a few times over the years. the over flow tube is broken off.....and there is no overflow tank. Did the 580c come with a over flow tank??? (dumb question I know). Also what is the rating on the thermostat? I'm thinking if I'm going to go through all the trouble taking the radiator out and installing a new one with a thermostat I might as well pull the pump and replace it. What should I look at for when doing this?

  14. #14utahjd12013-05-05 08:08

    If you could post those pics that would be awesome.

  15. #15utahjd12013-05-06 19:32

    What do you think a good price for a used 4-1 bucket and all the controls would be?

  16. #16utahjd12013-06-12 09:45

    I'm planning on buying new aftermarket gauges for my 580c.......what are the ohms reading for the oil, fuel, temp?? Think I might keep the stock rpm gauges....it dosn't work so I'll have to look into it. Thanks Adam