Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My Dream Truck!!

VintageMachineryInc ยท 2023-04-04 16:38

1947 - 1955 American LaFrance 700 Series Closed Cab Pumper. Hi everyone, I'm new to the fourm. My name is Heber Richins, im 26 years old and I have Autism. I love vintage heavy equipment and I am a collector and enthusiast of antique/vintage machinery. Right now I'm saving up to get my biggest buy a vintage American LaFrance 700 series fire truck, ever since I was little I have always wanted to own a classic vehicle of my very own, recently i hqve decided to pursue my dream and start looking for one near me here in Southwestern New Mexico. I'm a volunteer fire fighter for our community and have driven modern fire trucks, including a early 2000s Kenworth pumper. I'm planning on using it for Parades, Events, and family gatherings when my neices and nephews come to visit. I have one other dream vehicle and it's 1968 Chevy C10 Pickup trucButits another classic that I love but will wait to get it later when my 1999 ford ranger quits working as goes off to the junkyard. A photo example of a v12 Gasoline The 700 series was manufactured from 1947 to 1955 with a v12 Gasoline engine. There were two sizes, a v12 Junior and a regular size v12. Both versions were built by American LaFrance. These fire trucks were the very first forward cab trucks, and they came in different types and different cabs, there was a open cabs and a Enclosed Cabs, ladder trucks, a d pumpers. In 56 the 700 series was replaced with the 800 series, a more updated version. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's posts in the fourms and to being able to own a Enclosed 700 series cab pumper.

Replies1
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-04-04 19:42

    Welcome! you might want to have a moderator re-post this as your own thread under {Old Iron Forum}. Lots of members visit threads there.