Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My first skid steer

jakewoody ยท 2015-12-04 23:55

I am thinking of buying a 2007 John Deere CT322 2 speed skid steer with 1200 hours on it. I want to use it for a small residential business of small residential grading projects. it has an enclosed cab and new tracks on it. all the bells and whistles but I do not know how to find out what it is worth. seller wants $28500.00 my question is this a good first machine to use and if so what is a good price on it? Thanks for your help on this one.

Replies4
  1. #1Steve Frazier2015-12-05 00:15

    You can create an account at rbauction.com and look at Auction Results to get an idea of the machine's value.

  2. #2jakewoody2015-12-05 02:10

    thank you so much that is great advice.

  3. #3PeterG2015-12-08 14:10

    If you have a mini excavator, then you may be ready for a tracked skidsteer. That machine is certainly really nice. I would suggest something more in the $18000 range and spend more on attachments. For sure you need a few buckets, pallet forks, grapple, maybe other attachments. Big skidsteers are quick to tear up the place. I use mine (takeuchi TL130) mostly to move around large quantities of topsoil (like a 100yds etc) and some land clearing and dump truck loading. I seem to to use my mini skidsteer (toro Ding TX425) much, much more. It's fine to move up 18yds of gravel around in a day and I can run it over ground protection mats etc. I like that I can haul the mini and the Dingo at the same time.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2015-12-08 19:54

    You might want to think about an asv rc30, too, mine'll do about a tandem load an hour, if it'd dumped where you want it. Just spread out and box graded 1 tandem load, in about 3-1/2 hrs, had to haul it some... Only thing different is that the attachment plate is a little smaller, height wise than a larger unit. A good used one should be in the 8-9K range, at auction...