Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My first track loader. Allis Chalmers HD5G.

Gooseidi ยท 2019-10-27 22:00

After many years of salivating over these machines I came across one that is seemingly in pretty good shape and was in my price range. I looked at it way back when over Fathers Day weekend and hauled her home last week finally, a 850 mile round trip between South Jersey and upstate NY. 2-71 Detroit starts easy and runs excellent. Couple of hydraulic line leaks and some worn components on the tracks, mostly thr slides that the idlers rest in and a bent adjuster which I believe happened while I was running her. I'm going to disassemble the tracks and go over everything, hoping I can either build or source what I need.

Replies2
  1. #1AllDodge2019-11-01 14:44

    Should be an interesting project, look forward to seeing how it goes

  2. #2Mother Deuce2019-11-01 18:57

    Hmmm That is a pretty sanitary looking ride for it's age. Good Luck with the project although I think I would be inclined to just run it