Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My Gradall 534C lost hydraulics

TractorPimp · 2020-10-31 13:02

We have a 534C we’ve used around the farm for years. Always has been reliable until yesterday. I used it Monday & it was just fine. Went to move a combine head yesterday & it has no hydraulic on the boom & no steering. It will still move just fine. What could have happened to it?

Replies10
  1. #1DMiller2020-10-31 13:12

    Sheared coupling likely. Spline drive where gets poorly lubricated.

  2. #2TractorPimp2020-10-31 17:05

    I was under the assumption that since it will move foreward & reverse, the hydraulic pump is turning?

  3. #3DMiller2020-10-31 17:59

    Would think there is More than One pump. Went to MINPAR site, Two Pumps, Main Hyd and Trans Hydrostat as thought was. Two separate systems common reservoir. Both Spine coupled BTW. https://cdn.minnpar.com/partbooks/J...-10 Telehandler Parts Manual pn 2460-4100.pdf

  4. #4TVA2020-10-31 19:44

    Yep! Looks like A10vg for drive, and something gear ( could be Parker/commercial P75/76)behind it for the lift. I think checking main pressure relief just for the heck of it would be simpler then pulling the pump off. If God forbid splines stripped inside charge pump - may be some good sum of money involved. If tilt and sway still work - plot circuit problems.

  5. #5TVA2020-10-31 20:09

    Was wrong on gear pump! Seals is different from Parker/Commercial.

  6. #6TVA2020-10-31 20:15

    Parts manual shows two gear pumps. The smaller one could be steering/pilot pump, probably runs off of the engine. If tilt and sway stil work - I would look in to that pumps circuit.

  7. #7TractorPimp2020-10-31 20:19

    None of the boom, mast tilt, machine tilt or steering works. I’m not sure what happened as it worked just fine when I parked it on Monday. Where would the pressure relief valve be on this thing?

  8. #8TVA2020-10-31 20:42

    Main relief is this one. Inlet section of main control valve. Just follow the cables from tilt and sway lever.

  9. #9TVA2020-10-31 20:52

    Looks like that small pump is pilot only! Steering runs off of main circuit through priority valve upstream of main control valve. But that means that the problem is your main pump.

  10. #10TVA2020-10-31 21:07

    Small gear pump is pilot, breaks and drive control.