Hi guys I think I just became a victim of the broken final drive. My KX91-3 just lost any movement on the right drive motor. It makes a whiring sound but won't move? I pulled the oil plugs and there is no sign of any steel flakes in the oil. Any ideas what this might be and also how to remove and inspect the drive? If it is a defective drive, can they be rebuilt? Thanks again Scott
Make sure it doesn't just have a rock lodged in it. Swing the bucket over the side that's locked up and raise the track off the ground, then engage it forward and backward. If there's an object wedged in there, that usually kicks it out
Sounds like mine when final drive quit. Could hear motor run but no movement. On my Kx lots of steel flakes and lub smelled bad.. magnet picked up lots on draining. Replaced with OEM drive did try aftermarket drive but speed & power was different would be ok if both drives were replaced. How many hrs on machine?
Thanks amazin I did do that hoping for the best but it's not... ya Jack my gear lube smelled terrible too which surprised me since there was less than a year since I replaced the oils. I think theres about 3,300 hrs on it or so.
Mine did the same thing yesterday. But I can't get it off. Got the track off, and the drive cog, took hours to get the three hydraulic lines off and then the bunch of 17mm bolts inside the track arm so it seems there isn't anything else, but she still wont come off. Is there anything I'm missing?
Service manual. I don't mean to be rude but I believe the manual is worthwhile even when equipment is running well.
Got it off. I bought a service manual but I was already on track. It was basically just siezed and rusted into the main arm. Needed a bit of a shock and then a small crack appeared and from there I got some penetrene in there to loosen it. Had to replace the two drive shafts. Totally worn away.