Finally got it all put together,Keen Land Clearing LLC. Been planning the biz for about a year now.Maybe not the best time to start a business, but I don't owe a dime to anyone. I have a 1 day job tomorrow at $150 per hr. and another next week. Thanks to a lot of great advice from folks on this site. Here we GO!
Best of luck with your new adventure! Alan
Best of luck, Hope it all goes well for you!
good luck. i think not oweing any money is going to be a big help in an economy like this. let us know how your first few jobs go.
How do you like the 320? looks like a sharp machine. Best of luck!
Nice rig and machine. Is that a compressor on the front? Does it stay on the trailer?
Thanks,I really like the 320 so far.
Yep,I will eventually mount it to the truck when I decide what type of bed I want to mount to it. Maybe a homemade wood or prefab steel
Cutter head Timark80, what type of head do you have on your T320? I couldn't tell if it was a feacon or the bobcat (A rebranded feacon) or another brand. I have a T300 with a Loftness Carrbide cutter G2 head. I love my set up for anything under 4" and under brush. Last year even with things extremely slow I was able to $150.00 to $200.00 dollars an hour just for the T300 and the head. I also lump sum bid some jobs after I got a good idea of how long it takes to clear and got $2400.00 per day (8 hours). Are you going to run an aux. hydraulic cooler on your unit? I hope things go well for you I have been looking at the T320 things are just really slow around here.
looks like the bobcat branded one...i hope he has an oil cooler...and keep an eye on your undercarriage on that machine
I'd put some boxes and maybe a flat bed on that truck once you get goin.. Or do you have plans to do that?
That's a nice looking set up, hope things work out for you.
Have the bobcat head made by fecon.Warranty will not cover anything but a bobcat mulcher head. My 320 came with the aux.hyd.cooler
Got the oil cooler. Is bobcat having trouble with their u/c? Mine has the rigid u/c. Hope it holds up ok.
Oh yea,boxes and a flatbed are my next priority. Got any setup/idea pics?
What about something like a Knapheid service body with low boxes on the rear half for the trailer to clear on turns?
If you make it now when times are tough, you will be looking really good when the market finally comes back. Good luck
Or take the cheap way out put a dumping flat bed on it and mount aluminum side opening boxes on top to act as sides and storage and one underneath in front of the rear axle.
http://www.3wtruckandequipment.com/specialty_truck_beds_05.htm It even has the box for your compressor.
What do you need? Just a flatbed with some underbody boxes? Alot of storage for tools? If so, you might think of say an L-box with a flat bed behind that and underbody boxes, maybe some boxes on top if you need alot of storage for tools and things. But thats alot of storage.. Another thing, if you want to keep somethings on the trailer, you might think of underbody boxes on the trailer, its possible on a gooseneck, when Dad had a 10ton GN similar to yours he had underbody boxes on it. We tried to put them on our 7ton deckover tag trailer and it didnt set high enough, but we measured the same trailer except GN and underbody boxes would've worked.. This is what I meant with underbody boxes, this will give you room for a transfer tank at the front, I think.. http://www.3wtruckandequipment.com/flat-bed-truck-beds_08.htm
Good look they are awesome machines I have ran them the best thing It's baid for
That alum. bed sure is nice. For now I'm on a budget. Being able to get where I'm at now in life is because of cutting back on things that I really did not need. Looking at a very basic truck toolbox setup to get me by until everything picks up. Keep the ideas and pics coming! Thanks!
Well ya dont have to get it in aluminum, talk to your local body guy and see if he can order or maybe build something like that.. I actually dont like the aluminum, the one I just happen to be thinking of was aluminum on there page... But that would get you started for tool storage..
Undercarriage Timark80, I have 2 T300 one is 2 years old (850hrs) one is 3 years old (1750hrs). I replaced the oldest one at 1600hrs, put new tracks, and I replaced the rollers and idlers and sprocket. I think I could have just replaced the the tracks and gotten by for a while, but my experience with undercarriage from dozers is I replace everything because I can't afford the down time. This is just my opnion on how I maintain my equipment I'm sure others do it different. I haven't had any break downs or have been disappointed with my T300's undercarriage. I hope things with your new business goes well. If I get a chance I will post a pick of the 11' flat bed on my F550 with flip gooseneck ball. We built it in my show and used diamond plated sheet steel for the decking. Bill
I think the most economical bed for the truck would be to just buy a standard flatbed with a g/n. Then get some top mount side boxes for it. That gives you some tool storage as well as a place for your compressor up front.
hey Timark80 can you post some pics of the extra guarding round the Q/C and around the radiator?
All the best in the biz mate, are you going to get more attachments for your Bob? I reckon one of the keys to making it through the GFC is to be able to diversify.
what kind of land clearing are you doing? is it mainly trees? buildings? what else? all with that bobcat? awesome looking machine. good luck to you man.
Man thats a nice setup! Do you have anymore pics of your setup or equipment in action?
What's the Q/C?
Thanks,the next attachment will be a root grapple and a few others as the work increases.
Mostly tree mulching, and moving some dirt,all with the bobcat. I'd like to get larger machines eventually.
Thanks,I have a website: www.keenlandclearing.com Just getting it started,plan on adding more soon.
Quick Coupler or the bobtach area, the bobcat website sias extra guarding around the quick coupler area. but any pictures of extra guarding would be nice as i wish to add guarding to my 773
Oh, q/c,I should have known.Sure, I'd be glad to take some close-up pics
This is the way Bobcat does it
They can also be called a quick hitch. BTW nice website but one of the pictures didn't load up properly but that could be my computer.
is there any additional guarding around the bobtach area also? any pictures of extra guarding would be nice
The bobtach area looks like any other bobcat from what I've seen. You may want to checkout the Forestry Kit on the bobcat site.
thanks I didn't know if they protected the tilt cylinders in any way, there arnt any really good pictures on the website. But tanks for your time in giving the pictures :notworthy:usa