Christmas came early for me this year! I got a brand spanking new D3K to finish grade with. Check it out I'm wearing the H.E.F. shirt aswell.
Well congrats to you NCarolinaDozer. How do you like it?
I love it, I've always hated running D3's. But the new controls on the K's are smooth.
Well merry Christmas Jeremy!The Cat d3k looks like a nice size dozer for alot of jobs.I'd say the d3k is in good hands.Nice T-shirt.The new d3k looks bigger then the older d3's.
It is bigger than the other D3's. It feels like you are sitting on a D5. We have a D3G which I will try to put beside of it and take a picture to show you the size difference if I can soon.
How do you like that compared to the Deere? Most our finish machines are Deere but I really like that new K.
That is an aggressive looking dozer.John Deere has been the machine to beat for many years now and Cat has styled their dozers to look like them.I bet it is a nice machine to run.Have fun.....Ron G
It is bigger than the other D3's. It feels like you are sitting on a D5 The "small" dozers these days do seem to have grown a fair bit in recent years....they've sort of become mid-sized machines with the previous mid-size machines moving well over 100hp.
No kidding, my D3B would look like toy next to that
Yeah, very true. The one machine that has moved in and taken so much of the previous "small dozer/trackloader" role has been the ever larger skid-steer machine......in both tires and tracks. Those machines have evolved in so many ways over the last decade it's scary and then add their versatility and I'm seeing why the 11k lb Case 450 of 15 years ago has gone the way of the buffalo. If I'm running a small earthmoving biz today where I need something in the 60-80hp range to do a little bit of everything that I can still move around with my 1-ton and gooseneck..........the modern skid steer is a God-send worth its weight.