Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new D7h

Mccahilldozing ยท 2013-08-19 00:58

I just bought this D7h from a local CAT dealer. It spent most of its life pushing coal onto ships. It had a complete dealer rebuilt engine and steering. I'm just trying to get used to air conditioning and Diff steer. It's a big jump for me since I'm used to running D8k's. it needs some paint but otherwise it's a good machine.

Replies18
  1. #1Palmer782013-08-19 01:31

    Where did that dozer come from? Can't imagine there's any coal pushing near Fresno, especially onto ships.

  2. #2Mccahilldozing2013-08-19 03:15

    I was told it was used at the Port of Stockton. I guess they load coal onto the ships from the railroad cars

  3. #3Aussie Leroy2013-08-19 06:30

    Mccahilldozing; Looks great a little paint and some love and you will enjoy her, the days will feel shorter on the 7H than the 8K. Cheers Leroy

  4. #4Multiracer2013-08-19 06:45

    Nice straight looking machine. It looks to be about late eighties vintage. Good luck, it is one "pushing" machine ! Ron

  5. #5DPete2013-08-19 10:16

    Nice straight machine, the AC shouldn't be to hard to get used to, it's supposed to be 104 today. Not sure about a dozer without a ripper in this valley but if it suits your needs doze on

  6. #6Mccahilldozing2013-09-14 01:55

    Here we are putting new hood sweeps on

  7. #7grandpa2013-09-14 08:12

    Here's a picture of my son and our D7H after being all gussied up http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/parkrapids/8284911954D9F202F.png

  8. #8glenlunberg2013-09-15 21:37

    Hey grandpa. Your picture is too small but I think your D7h is good. Where did you bought that machine?

  9. #9theironoracle2013-09-17 23:53

    You can pm me if you would like was just wondering what you had to give for it? I posted mine last week that I have for sale....TIO

  10. #10HATCHEQUIP2013-09-18 21:13

    you will like that diff steer. power both tracks works nice.

  11. #11Mccahilldozing2013-09-22 00:24

    I love the diff steering. It pops trees out of the ground alot faster tham my old D8k. Only issue I ran into was that it has the original one piece grill which is flimsy and not built well. So this week my operator sent a limb through the grill. At least he didn't get it through to the radiator but he wiped out one of the hydraulic lines. Anyways CAT updated the grill to a two piece type that is about three times as heavy duty. I was able to find one at the local parts yard so I will be installing it this week.

  12. #12Mccahilldozing2013-09-22 00:38

    Sorry the pic came out sideways! I can't figure out how to get it right side up!

  13. #13wheelie2013-09-22 11:15
  14. #14Mccahilldozing2013-09-22 14:33

    Ok now it's upside down

  15. #15LT-x72013-09-22 15:04

    Nice looking cat. I'm just outside of fresno, where are you guys clearing trees?

  16. #16Mccahilldozing2013-09-22 16:02

    I'm all over the place. The D7h is out by woodlake. The others are in south west Fresno. We move them at least three or four times a week to different fields

  17. #17bill onthehill2013-09-22 16:10

    Here you go.

  18. #18LT-x72013-09-22 18:50

    Wow Congrats on keeping busy :thumbsup Most people I know have a hard pushing enough dirt to keep the rust off the blade...... Moving 3-4 times a week is amazing