I really like my new setup from my 08 new holland LS185 but I think something is not right with the pump on skid steer because in 2 gear engine wide open if you spin the skid steer it will pull down motor and kill it. And yes i have changed fuel filters
That's a wicked looking grapple!!
That 332D does look mean. Very nice! As for the LS185, I don't think there's any wrong with that -- I feel like a lot of machines that are mechanical controls (assuming yours is) will stall the engine at maximum lever actuation (WOT) and in high gear...
That grapple is one mean loooking unit. Where does one find such a unit and what kind of $$ should be expected for one??? As far as the 2nd gear problem if that is high range that is only meant for transportation not work. If used much for work it will burn up the hydrostatic drive units and it will cost big $$$ to fix. I have seen new units from a couple different brands with less than 150 hrs that had big $$ spent on them to correct that problem.
yes I know second gear is for transport, but if you have ever been around a set of vts tracks they gear the skidloader down so second gear is as fast as first gear with tires. Thee grapple is made in Syracuse Nebraska by Grotrian Enterprise or other wise known as Midwest Offroad. The price I am not sure on because when I bought mine he was talking about a price change, but i have looked at all types of grapples and this I believe is designed the best for what I am going to do. Also it is built so it should be the last grapple I ever have to buy. I had a dymax grapple before this one and it wasn't designed right or heavy enough for tree clearing and raking. Most other grapples you have to have boom up to tilt front of grapple down to rake. With this grapple you leave boom down against skidloader and use the bucket tilt. We mainly use it to cleanup behind dozer and excavator when clearing and cleaning up farm ground. The piece of square tubing in one pic was added by me to pull fence posts without having to get out or have another person around
I see that makes a ton of sense now. Been my experience that add on tracks take more HP than a factory set up does so likely your NH is fine. Got to ask why not just buy a factory track machine instead of adding on tracks? I have a little T-190 bobcat and it is a real horse for it's size and would hate to be without it. A friend of mine has a Dymax and honestly I like it for it's toughness but I really hate the curved bottom teeth and have always thought that they needed to be shaped like the grapple you have. I built one at work out of oilfield pipe that is way better for picking up sticks and althought it sure isn't near as heavy as that Grotrain unit it seems to do fine for what we need it for.
the reason i dont have factory tracks because I have to clean up flat corn storage every once and awhile on cement and thats hard on tracks
yes i have manual controls I figured that would be one less thing to give us problems plus I am better at hand and feet and it doesnt screw me up when I get back into excavator