Here's a couple pictures of my scratch built toys. They are all hand made from aluminum in about 1/10th scale. I hope to finish the Tigercat skidder and add another one or two to the collection this winter(An 850 KW with lowbed). The list so far... Euclid R-18, Cat 955K, Volvo EC300DL and a Tigercat 630D. Here is a short video of the Euc and Volvo working at the Duncan antique truck show last month http://youtu.be/aSg5HI_euBs . I have other videos posted of my toys posted on my YouTube channel RCP57 for anyone interested. Thanks for looking! Reg
That Hayes & KW must be a pain to put on the shelf. All look great. Diggin' the 955.
I couldn't resist parking my loaded Euc under that really nice Hayes!.... I wish it was mine...I'd have to build a bigger shelf though!lol Thanks! Reg
great work well done
Thanks very much! Here's a couple more pictures of the Volvo being built and the R18 waiting to be loaded. ATTACH]94421[/ATTACH
Those are some real works of art, you are very talented. Thanks for sharing your very handy work.
Those are some nice looking models. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Guy's! I've been working like crazy on my Tigercat 630D the last 2 days. I'm going to the show at the McClean mill in Port Alberni on Saturday with some fellow modellers so I'm trying to make some headway on the skidder. It drives around but I was hoping to get the blade and grapple done this week. One down one to go....
You sir have patience and talent, hats off
You have some great patiance to detail , you have some great Pride in you work. Thanks for posting , keep em coming.
Thank you very much! I've only be building these things since January of 2011 so I'm trying to improve the quality with each build if I can. Myself and a couple fellow modelers attended the McClean Mill antique truck show yesterday in Port Alberni. I was able to shoot a little video of the action... http://youtu.be/BC9iu2zoxTU http://youtu.be/nNNUapBuVUU http://youtu.be/D-i4GzYI1lM .... There is another one coming but its taking forever to load on YouTube. Thanks for looking, Reg
Fantastic models love the track loader and the excavator. I looked into the R.C. models a couple years ago but the prices for kits and what not were the big turn off sadly.
Yeah, most of the kits are crazy expensive for sure. It does cost a bit to make them from scratch too, but paying $7-10 thousand euros for an excavator is definately out of my league. I would like to build and sell some myself soon but so many hours go into making a "one-of" that it would end up being expensive too! Thanks for looking!
Did you have to source all your hydraulics from Europe?
Most guys do, but only the hydraulic pump on the Volvo is from Germany, the rest was made by my father inlaw(cylinders and valves). I bought a pump from Jung Fluid and made my own planetary drive for it. On the skidder I am trying to make all the parts myself but it is a challenge! The track loader uses screwdrives and servos instead of hydraulics. One more video from yesterday... http://youtu.be/aMLV46YXtos
Wow. Hi , that is some awesome piece of scratch building. Where are you, I'm in Victoria , would love to see it some time. Thanks Doug.
Thanks very much! I live in Sooke. Reg
may i ask what your hydraulic system is made from how it is controlled and where you purchase your parts from i am interested in trying to build some similar models
The only thing that isn't custom made is the hydraulic pump as it is from Jung Fluid out of Germany. The pump that I purchased is a IPZ 1-HR5. With my excavator being as large as it is I probably should have got the HR7 pump because I could have spun it much slower and still had the same hydraulic flow. The HR5 pump is what Vario uses in their model machines though and it does work very well. The hydraulic valves are a rotary type and are controlled by servos. Reg
Here are a few pictures of the set up....
well there goes my idea thats seems far to complex for a novice modeller thanks for sharing the detailed working pics for me
You can always buy all the hydraulic stuff and then you would only have to plumb it together. It's quite expensive and I had someone with great machining skills(not me) so making it from scratch made sense for this one. Try searching the web for suppliers, there are many different ones but if you want to purchase quality parts they will most likely come from Germany. As far as the plumbing is concerned, it's really not as bad as it looks! You really should give it a try!
have built many lego technic models with their pneumatic system including a level lift telehandler i just wouldn't know where to start on the oil based rc with lego i start with the arm and if all is successful the house and drive follows whether it is a electric, a pneumatic or a combination of the two (working together or using electric to run pnumatic) advantage with lego is if at first it doesn't work you can remove a few pieces and try again with different length's or new cylinder postion
Just amazing ,the volvo has to be my favorite ,the workmanship ,the detail are just brilliant . Please can we see a video of it working . An in awe:notworthy Sean
Thank you very much! Here is a picture of the 955K before paint. I couldn't wait to try it out! http://youtu.be/V1fTOBugzW8 This is the last video I shot with the Volvo and Euclid. It was kinda fun to sit in a chair with a beverage and get some work done! Reg
I am very impressed with the 955 do you have any pictures from when you were building it?What all did you make your self for it and what did you have to buy also was wondering about what it weighs.and how much do you think you have in building it.
I built pretty much everything except for the drive motors, sprockets and electronics. It weighs around 19-20 lbs with a lead acid battery. Cost is a little harder to figure out because I'm a borderline hoarder and used some parts and pieces that I've had for a long time but I would say that it probably cost around $800 including the $500 radio. The radio cost is a one time deal though as it can control up to 20 different models, you just have to buy more receivers. Here are a few more pictures of the build... The 955 is my personal favorite so far....
Sorry for the messed up order but thanks for looking! Reg
Amazing skill, attention to detail is second to none. Brilliant and thanks for sharing.
Amazing skill, attention to detail is second to none. Brilliant and thanks for sharing. [/QUOTE] Well I appreciate the compliment but I think there are a lot of builders out there that are ahead of me in the detail department. I just hope to improve with each build and enjoy the challenge that comes with it! : )Here's a couple updates on my skidder project. I finally finished the grapple and machined the swivel.
Jeez ,how long to weld on the nuts to the chains.... Brilliant....... just brilliant !!!
Haha, It takes a while for sure! I made up a jig to hold them in place but it still took about 1.5 hours to weld on 156, 4-40 nuts for the cat. The Volvo excavator is done the same way but has way more track pads so it took over 2 hours. The easy way is to buy K1 chain but the cheapest price I could find was over $25 per foot/ten feet per box. To do the two track machines would have taken two boxes of chain. I buy the normal chain for about $16 per box, buy a bunch of nuts, burn up some gas(and time) and for around $50 per machine I'm done.
wow, incredible. would you ever sell any of them?
very interesting
I've been treating the skidder like a paying job the last couple days and I think that I've made some decent progress. I made the rear fenders, grab handles on the cab, fuel tank(will be used as hydraulic tank), fake steering rams, some detail underneath, and modified a bunch of stuff that wasn't right and was bothering me. I hope to see some paint on it soon and start building the hydraulic valves.
Thanks for looking!
Adding a little color!
A little more paint...
No hydraulics yet but it is mobile again! http://youtu.be/cWKd_kjMQ4E
I'd forgotten about these threads - I'm very impressed with your creative efforts. So you use aluminum sheet - tig welded as your primary construction method? What motors do you use for your drive line? I'll have to come see your creations first hand before I start to build my own - it might save me from some needless frustration if I can borrow some ideas from you.
Thanks for the compliments! Yes I pretty much use TIG welded alum for everything that I can. The motors very between projects but for the track machines I would suggest to use the most powerful ones you can get! My Volvo is 50lbs and is too heavy for the motors that I used. The 955 uses the same motors and at 20lbs has loads of power so I thought it would be OK but it really isn't and to install more powerful ones now I would have to rebuild the whole undercarriage...lame! Reg
I've been working on the skidders hydraulic valves in my spare time. Hopefully they work as they should.
ive kind of skipped around through a few of your threads and i have to say im blown away Great job these are awesome, i didnt notice do you do these for a guy if he wanted one, what would you charge to build me a Case Backhoe ? would you consider doing that , Thanks for the awesome post
Wow, Thanks! To date I have only built stuff for myself. The issue with building them for someone else is the time that is involved to create something from scratch that looks and works as close to the 1:1 as possible. I would love to build these and sell them but most people aren't willing(and I don't blame them) to shell out the kind of money that would make it worth while for the builder to take on the project. Most of the German excavator kits will run you between 5-10k euros, wheel and track loaders are usually around 5k+ euros. A backhoe would be a very difficult project if you wanted all of the functions to work. I'm just guessing that the hydraulics alone for it would be at least $1500-$2000, plus about another $750-$1000 in electronics, drive train parts, and tires. Before you knew it you would be spending $5-$6K but it would be an interesting and very challenging project.... I did some looking on the net and there are very few RC backhoes! I did this little Bruder dozer RC conversion yesterday morning... http://youtu.be/57bJTp5KRnc This sort of thing can be done for a couple hundred dollars but it won't move dirt like the metal ones! Thanks Reg
That volvo is sick! Do you have any videos, and does the hydraulic thumb work? Thanks, john
Thanks! Check out my YouTube channel. RCP57 There is a few video's of the volvo and loading my Euc and so on. This is the last one I shot. http://youtu.be/V1fTOBugzW8
Oh, and yes the thumb works. Reg
Here's a little Bruder dozer conversion I did a few days ago. Very simple and cheap toy to convert into RC. It doesn't have the power that the scratch builds have but it only took 4 hours to complete not hundreds. http://youtu.be/57bJTp5KRnc
nice work keep it up
I don't remember is the track loader hydralic ? i don't go to the forum to much any more........I have my green on here too it hasn't sold yet
No the loader is run off a screw drive for the boom and servos in the bucket. If I could with the lotto I would buy your machines. I would never buy a kit but those scratch built green things make me drool. It seemed like the other forum was giving you a bit of a run around because you didn't want to post your asking price. I don't blame you for wanting someone to PM you for a price. I wouldn't want to say what I was selling them for either! I started something else today... I'll post pictures a little later on.. Thanks again!
yea i pulled everything off the other forum then Travis called me and asked what was going on they are a little childish on the rules there looks like i am going to be building another cable dozer though it will either be 1/10th scale or 1/4 scale lol I have both in the works the 1/4 scale is just drawings and detailed measurements the 1/10th scale i have idlers machined out and i have left over roller stalk to make rollers I am jumping up to # 60 half links they are even closer to 1/10th scale I really like your track loader i think it is cool
Sounds like you might be building a TC-12??? I hope so! That would be huge in 1/4 scale! I have been thinking of building a similar sized R18 but we will see what time allows...of course if we were neighbors I would have too! I did start shaping metal on something new last night though. For quite sometime I have wanted to build an 850 Kenworth so I figured I would get started on it(new year, new project).
lol shhhhhh don't tell ... the thought did cross my mind or has and is still there lol but anyways nice start on your truck i can't work with aluminum i have tried it is too hard for me to work it i can work steel better cuz i can always weld that back together any ways sorry to hyjack your thread
Hey I'm happy to have you hijack my thread. It's always nice to chat with a fellow modeller. We are a little out of the ordinary with our choice of scale but I like the bigger stuff. I feel that if I am going through all the trouble to build something from scratch I want it to have power! Most of the 1/14 scale stuff is only meant to move fluff!lol The drawback for me is that at a show I need more space to move around or else it is a bit boring. Kids love the bigger equipment and adults are amazed when they see what the stuff can actually do. I am getting pressured to join the masses though and I may build a couple things in 1/14 someday...maybe! Reg
yea they have tried to get me to go smaller but i like the things i build to do like the real thing and actually puch dirt the smaller scale has a hard time
Maybe other people should step up to 1/10?LOL
thats what I am thinking ......lol
Here's a little update on the Kenworth...
looks great logging or oil feild truck?
My plan is to build a logging truck with an over the bunk style low bed. I will probably build the low bed before the log trailer though so that I have a way to move my other equipment to the site .
Got started on the frame tonight...
looking good
I've been steadily plugging away at the 850...
looking more and more like a truck...a beefy one at that!
Haha, Slowly! I've spent a lot of time on it so it seems like it's taking forever to me. Here's an update from the last few days... Thanks for looking!
looks good how does your springs stay in place?
Thanks, There will be struts(or whatever they are called) from the axle to the frame just under the bumper. I finished the axle and spindles today so hopefully I will get it all buttoned up tomorrow and show you what I mean. Reg
Little update with video. http://youtu.be/9WI4r7hD1YQ
looks great!!!! you will be truckin in no time
There's a lot of detail in that axle! Nice job!
Thanks guys!
I finished up the front and got started on the rear... Thanks for looking
I always liked these kind of truck builds they are cool big trucks just not good going down the road in them from my exsperience
I haven't been in one yet .... Just our old R18...It rides nice...NOT! actually it's not bad loaded but when its empty, oh my!
I have been in 6x6 macks on walking beams and big tires and they suck
A little update on the 850.... Thanks for looking
this truck is looking tough I am curious what color is it gonna be?
The truck will be painted yellow, green and white. Here's an update... Thanks for looking!
Absolutely awesome, I am very impressed.
you are a real expert, very impressive indeed,
Thank you very much although I would never say that I was an expert! I just try to keep improving with each build. Here is another update on the 850. I started to build the diffs and I managed to finish one but then my milling machine died so now I'm waiting on some warranty parts before I can continue.... http://youtu.be/9WI4r7hD1YQ http://youtu.be/LS6eurJgOYY http://youtu.be/LS6eurJgOYY
What a great looking truck you are building.
Finished up the driveline this weekend! I was able to take it for a bit of a spin too! http://youtu.be/CzEctlPR0o0
nice work all the time you spend working your drive line out payed off great stout truck nice work
Yeah it turned out good I just hope it stays together with a 100 tons of logs haha. Here's a couple outside shots...
I haven't posted anything here for a while but I am still working away on the truck and finally have a good jump on the trailer. Still a ton of work to be done but most of the big stuff is finished now.
RCP57, I'm aways amazed at the results of your "work". No short-cuts taken on this project. Thanks for posting the build. Fred
Thanks Fred. I'm trying my best to go a little further with details on this one than I normally would. Here's a little update from yesterday... I received some clearance lights from a friend a couple days back. They are for 1/14 scale trucks but I think they fit this perfectly. I made up a horn and found some hose in my stash of junk that I could make little hump hoses out of for the air cleaners. After everything is painted I will make some small wire clamps for them. Thanks for looking, Reg
Supper stuff:notworthy... showed my wife and she wants a volvo and euc to work in her flower garden ...until I told her the price then she decided I could go out and dig the holes for her
Thanks a lot! Haha, Yeah they can get expensive. Not too bad if you build your own and don't count your time. The thing is though, to build your own you need thou$and$ worth of equipment. I enjoy building more than playing though so to me it is worth it but some just wanna turn it on and dig. I guess you could always make the excavator noises while you're digging in the flower bed . Maybe the wife can talk you into wearing Hi Lite green clothes . Here's few boring videos from a couple days back. I put a new pump motor in the Volvo and just finished converting the Bruder Mack to RC so I needed to try them out . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe-MKykyspw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgubSPQo1k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O_AdIcDoV4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3fwQojwYRk Thanks for looking! Reg
Fantastic work - I'm very impressed! Where do you get your truck tires from in that size? Could you PM me a link? Thanks!
Thanks very much. The tires are from RC4WD and are about 5 1/4" tall. They are called Mil Spec ZXL 2.2 and can be found in here http://store.rc4wd.com/Offroad-Tires_c_11.html I need to order some more for my truck but have been putting it off.... I hope this helps! Reg
Very cool RC models!
Here are some updated pictures of the 850 Kenworth. It's not quite finished but is getting close...Some video too! http://youtu.be/eyNYXqC6q8E http://youtu.be/ICljl6usiZo
That is terrific work..You can see the skill progression from the Euclid to the Kenworth. Mind you they are two separate generations of trucks also.. Your detail is nicely done..
Thanks very much. I would agree that my skills and understanding of scale have improved a lot since building the Euc. Always much more to learn though!
Hey Reg, this Kenworth is one of the best rc-trucks i've ever seen.
Getting there! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9-QhF1yuA
Hey Reg, we want see the model, not the real truck, lol All i can say: perfect
Thanks Wolfgang! Got the decals made for my other models too... Thanks for lookin!
Extremely impressive work. They look great. I've been deep into R/C custom work but nothing like your level, so you work leaves me amazed.
Thank you very much!
Here's a few videos from last Saturday at the Cowichan fall fair 2013. A few of us got together there and put on a little demo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RwnSeRExo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFDsDsYEc2s&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7cvXsxO0w&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkumt6V4Os&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTIN27S5MuM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9_x8yALihE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
You have some serious skills, these are extremely good.
Holy Cow! Great videos. Great craftsmanship. Love the in cab view. I subscribed and will have to check out the rest. Always liked R/C's but I break everything when it comes to R/C
My wife and I were at the show in July and I was most impressed with the r/c models! Great job and fun show.
Thanks very much! I appreciate the compliments. Fastdirt, these are pretty durable being that they are all metal...and slow moving!lol Labparamour, That's great that you were at the show in July! Were you just visiting or did you have a truck in the show? Thanks again for the interest! Reg
No, no truck...yet. Saw a few I'd like to have and a few I saw in Yakima a month earlier. It was a fun get-away to the island. Please keep posting the build pics- I'm amazed at the detail and quality of machining and fabrication. Darryl
Well hopefully you can get yourself a truck and come to the island again next year! If you do I hope you stop and introduce yourself. I will hopefully be starting my next project soon and when I do I will post some updates. Reg
I started building a lowbed today so that I can move my equipment around. Thanks for looking.
A little more progress on the lowbed. I have the hitch almost finished and got a good start on the wheels.
Aw come on I was looking forward to seeing that detailed 5th wheel pin setup just giving ya hard time looks great. All the work you boys put into these machines is soemthing else:notworthy
Hey, hey come on now!lol I made a little more progress on the back half tonight...still much to do! and maybe some detailing on the hitch...haha
Ive been putting several wireless remotes on the last couple years but I didn't have to build the whole setup and the machine too. Just finished one tonight on a cat 580b telescoping forklift but most of the time Im putting them on boom trucks with 2 man baskets
This may be a stupid question but what would a remote controlled forklift be used for? A little more progress on the lowbed. I was trying to keep the weight down on this but it is already starting to feel heavy Thanks for lookin
they put a man basket on the forks and then operate it from there, you can do it with a operator but he can not leave the seat for any reason while there is still someone in the basket and in the safety regs they highly recommend that it has remotes.
That makes sense. Worked on this all day and made some good progress... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOsjsATX6A&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A Thanks for looking
Yes sir
Not quite finished but enough to roll it around a little... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvikX5c18Lk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-tEwctE4FA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A Reg
Amazing! Wonderful craftmanship! It looks like the walking beam is working perfectly. Keep the pics and vids coming. Darryl
Reg That is some more outstanding work! Thanks for sharing.
In that pic where you are looking up from the back, you would think it was real if you didn't know better! Amazing work!
Thanks guys! I spent a little more time on the lowbed over the last few days. I added some deck boards to the reach and some tie down points here and there. I also finished the hitch and added a cable to the trucks bunk that hooks on to the lowbed keeping it held down...I'm still waiting on some bearings to finish up the wheels-axles but it's getting there. I shot a couple video's outside yesterday trying to load my skidder... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRxTnqwryD4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHMfCftsoT8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A Thanks for looking
While the paint is drying on the lowbed I got busy making a noise box... http://youtu.be/39QPzq5cWQI
a couple more videos.. http://youtu.be/jrPxZgzuaDM http://youtu.be/3_4ABhQVhgU http://youtu.be/7d_I_muGUpg
That's freakin' awesome!!! Sounds like a 12V71 screaming along. When you did the drive by I swear I heard the rasp from the pipes
Haha Thanks so much! I'm happy to hear it's not just me that thinks it sounds like a Jimmy! It also makes the truck more fun to drive around. Reg
Amazing as always. Sounds just like a Jimmy up against the governor! Would love to see a video tour of your shop- you do amazing work! Darryl
Thanks very much Darryl! I almost have the lowbed finished now. I just need to make some caps for the hubs and maybe some tie down chains... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7A_0q11Z7c&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
Nice
I'll bring my chainsaw and splitin' maul and cut and split your firewood for a model or 5! HAHA Simply amazing work man! I'm down in central WA, just where abouts do you do these toy/rc/model shows? I'd make the drive just to see your models...
Haha, but if you cut all my firewood, how would I get any exercise?lol In the couple of years that I've been involved we have only done shows on the island(mostly in Duncan and Port Alberni). I think the next get together will be in Campbell River BC, this coming January. I'm not sure if I will be attending as it's usually a busy time of year for me work wise but there will be a bunch of interesting stuff there. I was told that the guys are going to focus on logging equipment models this year. After that I guess it will be the ATHS truck show in Duncan BC in mid July...Hopefully I will have something new built by then! The popularity of this seems to be growing and I think attending the Cowichan Fall Fair this year may have opened some doors for us to get invited to more events in the future. Reg
I would love to come see some models and collections in person. If you could post up dates I'd appreciate it. Years ago, many years, when I was a kid I met a guy at the Threshing Bee and Old time Tractor show here in town, Ellensburg, and a he had a sweet RC dozer and Steiger tractor he had built but I never got the guys name. Ever since then I've been hooked on this stuff. Its been probably 20+ years...
I'll see what I can find out and post it up for you. You should get into the hobby! Building a truck from a Tamiya kit is not that expensive(it can be with all the aftermarket stuff available) to start out. The construction equipment is not cheap but there are some options out there...
Reg - what show is this in Campbell River?
Forgot to mention I've been building RC Rock Crawlers for the last 5 years... Mostly the comp rigs but I have built a few 1:10 scale Toyota pick ups...
I think it is at the museum. I'm still waiting to hear an exact date from the guys up there. When I spoke to them on the weekend they mentioned that it might be the first weekend in February.
Here's hoping that I'm not doing the work thing over in Vancouver when this happens - I'd like to be at this event. I'll try to follow this thread to spot when the date is announced. What's the name of the event?
I have been busy in the shop for a while now trying to come up with a dump box for the popular Tamiya RC model semi kits. These are a direct bolt on and require no modifications to the chassis of the truck but you must remove the sleeper from the cab. Dumping is done via a screwdrive setup.
Impressive job...as always! Are the drivetrains on these models good for carrying loads?
Thanks! This the first one I have owned so I can't say from personal experience but lots of people have them and load them heavily. Of course there is a long list of upgradable parts that help with this.
Got some paint on the Tamiya dump truck yesterday..
Wow, yea hats off very fun
Here's a couple pictures of the finished truck with the box powder coated. If anyone is interested, I am building and selling gravel boxes for these trucks...
First load... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm0lg49uiaI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
that is the most incredible thing I've ever seen!! my mind has been blown. :notworthy
Thank you!
That looks fantastic! Now, a plow on the front and a sander in the box and you can maintain your drive this winter!
Yeah I guess I should! Might need that setup next week by the sounds of it! I have kinda gone a different direction at the moment though...I started building a flat bed today...
How about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC4nl2I0uiY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
Finished up some boxes and the flatdeck to sell. Thanks for looking!
I added some more lights to my KW 850 today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro-MjhSbQpQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
I must say.....very impressive...nice work
Any dates for seeing your collection in person at your fair?
How much would you charge to build a dump truck with a tag trailer?
I could see it costing upwards of 3K(more if you added aftermarket goodies) to build a truck and trailer by the time you bought all the necessary parts and pieces. It would be a cool project though! Reg
The only dates that I know for sure about is the ATHS show at the Duncan Forest Discovery Center(museum) on July 12-13. I think there will be about 6 of us there on the Saturday with our toys. It should be a lot of fun.
This is my latest creation. I have custom built this for a customer in the US... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG6jh3MN_9Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
Added to my calendar! Hope to see you guys there.
Awesome! I am excited to meet you! Hopefully we can get you addicted to the hobby!
I started working on this yesterday. I am using a Tamiya 1/14 semi chassis and running gear so that part of the build won't be very scale looking but I hope to make up for that with the body. My plan is to build a late 50's style Hayes HD dump truck. Reg
Nice
A little update on for the Hayes...
For anyone that is interested there is an antique truck show coming up in Duncan BC on July 12-13. The show is put on by the Vancouver island chapter of the ATHS and this year will be held at the Forest Discovery Center. A few of us RC guys will be putting on a demonstration at the show with our remote control logging and construction equipment. I hope to see some of you there! Reg
Reg you do the best work I have seen Love your 850 KW. Wife's uncle work for them years ago. Got a picture of him beside a Pacific. Hank R
wow, that is pretty cool stuff there. Nice job.
I finally finished the hydraulics on my skidder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpvGxaJk3G0&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e5HnDg0MAU&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OicDB1uVOU&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A Reg
As usuall a great build, the very best.:drinkup
Just made our hotel and ferry reservations. Looking forward to seeing your fleet and touring the logging museum. DB
Wow, that's awesome! See you there! Reg
RCP57 and Dirty4Fun., great meeting you both today. Impressive display of equipment: full scale and miniature! Reg, again, I'm amazed at the detail and functionality of your models. It would be fun to build one , but I have so much going now I should probably change my moniker to King of Incomplete! (Apologies to koo).Have fun tomorrow and stay cool. Dirty4Fun, safe travels as you head home. Darryl
Darryl, Enjoyed meeting you and getting to operate my second Hayes truck. I could not believe all the detail and hard work that RCP57 puts into his models. Would of much rather stayed there as so much more to see but felt I had to get back to finish the jobs I have. I will return and enjoy it all the more next time.
Darryl, it was great to meet you. Thank you very much for making the trip up and introducing yourself! I hope that you continue to follow along here and eventually get the miniature equipment bug! Jim! It was great hanging out with you! I hope that you can make it back here someday for another visit. We'll keep in touch! I got the finishing touches on the outside of the little M&B HD yesterday. Reg
Here's another project that I started after the show. I'm trying to build a 1/14 scale Kenworth T880 cab out of aluminum. It needs a lot of work yet but I will get it done eventually.
Reg, one way or another I will be back out there, got to see my new friends. Silly me I should of spent more time there, the building that I came back to finish has still been held up getting permits. It is hard for me to take it easy when people are waiting for me to build or repair things on there house. I still have a two month back log of work, if not another job comes in. Wow what a great start on the Kenworth, Reg you have a gift to be able to do that. Hope it continues and is profitable and still enjoyable for a long time to come. The decals on the Hayes gave it the final touch of excellence.
Great job on the M&B---and I see the mirrors and sideboards are still on after the show! I'm always impressed with your work. It was great seeing it up close. Miniatures for me? Maybe, and almost certainly if I keep following your posts. I think this winter will be working on my TIG skills. At least with the larger stuff I can use a big hammer. I really need to make a point of planning more time to visit the island...so much to see. Darryl
Wow it's been a long time since I've posted anything here! Lots of stuff going on but mostly for other people. I have spent some time playing lately and trying to build a conveyor... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXGtaIJArpE
Wow it's been a long time since I've posted anything here! Lots of stuff going on but mostly for other people. I have spent some time playing lately and trying to build a conveyor... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXGtaIJArpE
http://youtu.be/uMQ-Mvms7Ao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQPdUinqCfs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsqSWLivDEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NygVu6A11n8
http://youtu.be/GQy8kD6gIBE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RTjqzbaBQQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Y6g9NBbRk
very good idea, a part like this will be one of my next projects
Hi , Wow your work is amazing ! I'm loving it Are the dump truck boxes for sale perhaps ? Best regards, Marcel
Yes, I do build and sell the dump boxes. PM me if you would like more info. Here is something I have been working on for myself lately. I hope to have it finished sometime this summer. Late 50's to mid 60's KW...
Update video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5SAp7TBb8
Cool build ! Unfortunately I don't have the option to send a PM. Seems like my account needs to be approved or something like that... BR Marcel
Thanks! I think you just need another post or so and then you can PM. Part of the forums anti spam stuff I think. You have to make a certain amount of posts before you can post pictures or send PM's. Reg
Had my 850 KW out today hauling some wood. HeavyEquipmentForums
Looking great! Nice to see your new build. Your welding and aluminum body work always looks great. DB
A question for RCP57 Hi really enjoying your builds, fine workmanship. I read in one of your posts that you welded the nuts for the pads on the tracks you built. I am impressed with your method, you mention making a jig, could you elaborate ? I don't have tig but I have a small mig (140 amp) I would like to try with small wire and low heat. Thanks for sharing your builds with us. Terry
i have welded the nuts too by building the M90 backhoe: HeavyEquipmentForums
Wow, I can't believe it's been over a year since I've posted in this thread. Many customer builds have come and gone in that time but not much has been done for myself. The jig was very simple. A small piece of flat bar that could be pinched in the vice with two bolts passing through it at the right width to hold the nuts in place on the chain. I used 4-40 nuts on them. It works OK but is difficult to get all of them perfectly straight. I have since bought some K1 chain for any future builds. It is very expensive but works better than welding the nuts on.
Thanks for the replies re track pads. Terry
Boa tarde, eu sou do Brasil e estou tentando ver se algum dos meus amigos pode passar-me as medidas das válvulas para que eu possa fazê-los aqui. Obrigado.
Eu tenho trabalhado nas válvulas hidráulicas dos skidders no meu tempo livre. Espero que eles funcionem como deveriam [/ CITAR]
I'm sorry but I don't remember the size of the plugs. I built this several years ago and didn't have any plans or drawings. I just spaced things out so that the fittings were as close together as I could get. It is a large block using full size servos. It takes up a lot of space!
I like the track loader and the excavator I remember when you built the loader...still awesome work
I haven't posted on here in a long time. I have been working on this Hayes for quite a while whenever time permits in between customer builds. I think I finally have it nearly ready for paint.
Looking great RC