Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My Service Truck for the Great White North

King of Obsolete ยท 2013-01-28 22:11

everyone posts great pictures of their service trucks so now we have enough snow on the ground i can post a picture of mine. started off as a 1946 chevy 3 ton truck and then it become the welding sleigh. fully equiped with a ranger 8 welder and all the tools and supplies for the cat trains. yesterday i had to do a little welding on the loader shed door because the latch snapped off at -40c. thansk KoO Published Author

Replies12
  1. #1curb guy2013-01-28 22:32

    Nice! Although I'm cold just looking at those pics!

  2. #2willie592013-01-28 23:06

    Very nice. :drinkup And Folgers coffee containers are handy for a lot of things.

  3. #3bill onthehill2013-01-28 23:18

    I got about 25 of them in my shop. Them or an old wash basin are my nuts and bolts bins when I tear something apart. Glad to see you posting again KOO. Hope things are going well in the kingdom.

  4. #4King of Obsolete2013-01-29 10:17

    thansk guys, glad to be back and yes the coffee cans are every where. i hope they never sell coffee in a plastic bag, lol. thansk KoO Published Author

  5. #5td25c2013-01-29 20:41

    Another well done project KoO:thumbsup Only thing I would need to add to the service sleigh is a wood stove with temps at -40C

  6. #6willie592013-01-29 21:01

    Ditto here.

  7. #7King of Obsolete2013-01-30 00:08

    i have a propane heater to heat up the box where the welder is. once the welder is running then it gets very warm in there. thansk KoO Published Author

  8. #8mitch5042013-01-30 00:15

    I definitely agree about needing the heater, I wouldn't go outside if it was zero, much less 40 below. Oh, and since I am the HEF smartaleck:

  9. #9gusbratz2013-01-30 01:21

    i'm sort of bummed that my wife has been buying coffe in plastic cans instead of metal. it has been 0*F here the last week and i have struggled with it. ice in my air lines non flexable extension cords and such. don't know if i could get used to it being as cold as it is where you are.

  10. #10MrKomatsu2013-01-30 07:40

    Nice pics thanks for sharing........

  11. #11Huntoon2013-01-30 19:21

    Thumbs up!:notworthy

  12. #12JDOFMEMI2013-02-01 00:53

    Nice sled KoO Great to see you around again.