Can anyone identify this dozer ? Have a chance to buy it for my little farm but would like to know exactly what it is . Owner says he thinks its a IH TD-7 but I find no exact matches online for that . She's pretty sore but I won't be using it a lot . Just small jobs . Thanks for any help .
Could be a TD9. Has it got the gas to diesel start system. The give away is a distributor and spark plugs on 1 side of the block, injection pump on the other.
I'll say IH. The IH Dozers were built in tons SAE. A TD5 weighed about 5 ton (2000 LB tons). I have TD7G Dresser 1989. A friend has TD7E International. I'd guess his is ten years older than mine. I'll venture yours is 1960s. If you get dimensions, might make a better guess as to model & size. I think IH built them in 5,6,7,8,9,12,15,18,20,24,30,. Yours looks7 to 9 ton. Cab is not original. Is there a nameplate?
IH converted some to be loaders, They added a counter weight to the rear, changed tracks to Three rib design. I believe they should have upgraded the front crossmember to build a loader. Early models, IH didn't build blades or loaders. Those I've seen had Drott blades, and loaders. I don't know when hydraulics were first used, I'll guess post WWII, in the forties. I've seen TD9, TD15 with an elaborate frame to use rear winch, and pulleys to hoist the front blade.
Used LeTourneau CCUs
I will guess a TD9-B. It would have a D or DT 282 direct start engine. A TD-14, 142 series looks similar, but I don't think the pictured dozer is big enough to be a 14. DWF
Well I am wrong once again . It IS a TD-9B for sure . Thanks FWD and Tones .
Any way it's worth $3000 ? He said it ran pretty well .
That is a loaded question,,, after you check all fluids and filters, operate for ONE hour or more and see if everything functions as it should and all gauges are in the green,,, Check out the undercarriage before anything else. Parts availability would then be a consideration. Some of the smart folk on here will chime in with better ideas. You may end up with a 3k paperweight.
I've decided to continue the search lol . Not even gonna go look at it . Too much wore out and jury rigged . Thanks to all who opined .