Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mystery part

2ndmoto ยท 2023-06-29 21:02

Hello All, I appreciate you taking the 2 minutes. I have been working on a Case 580E project for longer than I care to mention. It has this part attached to the hoe hydraulic circuit. I have had no luck with online searches. Anyone know what it might be? I am currently rebuilding hoe and stabilizer control valves because they were running pretty sluggish compared to the loader. I am not sure if I should pull this part out? Maybe it was part of the problem? There is a solenoid attached, but it is not wired Thanks again Best regards -Jason

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2023-06-29 21:11

    It's, most likely, a one way-two way valve for the auxiliary plumbing on the hoe.

  2. #256wrench2023-06-30 09:34

    With that little lever(may be seized) on the side, it may be an adjustable flow divider for an auxiliary function

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-06-30 10:05

    Trace the hoses on it and find where/what they go to. It could be the cause of the sluggish hoe operation. But I doubt that it is.

  4. #4Swetz2023-06-30 10:18

    Defiantly a flow control. It is marked, in gallons per min of flow output. Set to 30. Most probably has a pressure relief in it. That would probably be the cap you see on the right side. EF = Excess flow - To do work elsewhere in the system CF = Controlled flow - Reduced flow output T = Return to tank - For the relief

  5. #52ndmoto2023-06-30 15:39

    Thank you. You all are awesome. Always appreciate when the community helps out. It runs between the stabilizer valve, loader control valve and the filter. Again I appreciate you all pointing me in the right direction. I'll try to figure this out. Best regards -Jason

  6. #6terex herder2023-07-02 09:53

    Since one bolt has a deere headstamp, prolly an aftermarket piece. Your description of where it is plumbed is confusing. By itself, I would think it is a flow control for a stick accessory such as a hammer.

  7. #7Tinkerer2023-07-02 14:15

    It certainly isn't anything that came from Case when the machine was new. If it were mine I would remove it before a hose on it fails and a lot of oil is lost. Not to mention the downtime it would cause.