Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

n-14 question

Mike L ยท 2014-08-26 19:51

motor is leaking oil from where the head and exhaust manifold bolt together. has done it for a while and is getting worse. it leaks on 4-5 cylinders. I don't believe that the turbo could be passing oil and pushing it back towards the head. I was thinking valve seals but I don't know much about the n-14. any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1ohiofleet2014-08-26 20:29

    could be the heads or cyliders pushing oil n14 are a good engine and cheap to rebuild hell the last one I did the heads ran about 450 each from the dealer I know you already looked but is the turbo pushing oil into the cac

  2. #2turbo642014-11-13 12:04

    Yeah parts for it are half of a cat engine.

  3. #3turbo642014-11-13 12:07

    Sounds like you need new rings, that's the only place there's oil in that engine on top.