Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

N14 Cummins Fuel In Coolant

adg ยท 2023-05-10 08:57

I'm working on an old N14 that has fuel in the coolant, I pulled all the injectors and pressure tested the system, but I didn't see any coolant at the injector cups. I even left the pressure tester on it overnight, still no coolant at cups and I only lost 1 PSI on the gauge after sitting for about 16 hours. Is there somewhere else fuel can mix with coolant that I'm missing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies4
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-05-10 15:20

    Sometimes injector sleeves only weep when engine is at temp. Is this engine equipped with a fuel heater? Some are. Also could have a cracked head.

  2. #2adg2023-05-10 15:32

    No fuel heater equipped, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. It is either a cracked head or cups only leaking at operating temp. We tore it down warm after it ran in the yard for a little while, but not at full operating temp. I may pull heads and send them out or I'm considering just slapping some remans on to avoid further downtime

  3. #3Truck Shop2023-05-10 18:33

    Anymore-in some cases these company's are offering new instead of reman, the price depending on brand, model is about the same and no core. The fact your in Texas-M&D Distributing, where I'm at it's Diesel Cast West Portland Ore. Same Company. I was just quoted ball park $725.00 for big cam heads, no core. I have run into that before on high mile and aged engine.

  4. #4adg2023-05-11 10:24

    Awesome, I really appreciate the help!