Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Name That Crane?

SamSlipway · 2022-09-08 10:26

If anyone can identify this crane I would be very grateful. All I know is that is around 30+ years old and can potentially lift 35t but that weight is not certain. It works but not very well so I am tryin to purchase parts which is difficult not knowing what sort of crane it is. There is no build plate. It looks like it might of come off a ship or oil rig but that is just speculation. Please help!

Replies2
  1. #1Knepptune2022-09-08 14:45

    In this case knowing what it is probably won’t help much with parts. I highly doubt jlg would help much. but anyway it’s an early jlg boom truck crane. Without the truck. Not very many made and 40 years ago. Your best bet is probably going to be to a good hydraulic shop and see if they can match parts up. May have to do some retrofitting to get new parts to work but I would highly doubt you’ll have much luck going to jlg.

  2. #2SamSlipway2022-09-08 15:34

    Dear Knepptune, This is very helpful, thanks so much. The machine works but needs some restoration. I feel it is worth it as it is a charming machine. I will contact JLG and see if they have any thoughts on it