Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

naughty word test

digger242j ยท 2006-03-05 07:35

***** If it won't post here, then don't disguise it with some asterisks to make it post someplace else... :nono Please. Thank you.

Replies33
  1. #1Squizzy246B2006-03-05 09:19

    Honest...I don't know what the ********* your talking about Digger Mea Culpa...Mea Maxima Culpa:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

  2. #2digger242j2006-03-05 11:02

    That wasn't just for your benefit, Squizzy. I did the test post here, just to see if the word in question would be censored or not. I previewed my post, and obviously, it was. Now everyone can see how that works. There's lots of things I enjoy about helping Steve out with the site here, but playing the role of the "Naughty Word Police" isn't one of those. It feels too much like actual responsible, adult behaviour... What's that? Australian for, "Sorry, mate, I @!$&^# up." :bouncegri

  3. #3badranman2006-03-05 13:36

    Off the web.......... "Meaning I'm to blame. The literal translation from the Latin is 'through my own fault'. Even those who don't speak Latin could probably make a guess that this phrase means 'I am culpable', or words to that effect. "

  4. #4digger242j2006-03-05 21:46

    Yeah, I knew that. :yup You probably went looking for a Latin to English translation. My version is more of a translation into "construction language". (The kind we're not supposed to post here...) :wink2

  5. #5Squizzy246B2006-03-06 00:07

    Digger: Materiam superabat opus :bouncegri

  6. #6Jeff D.2006-03-06 00:35

    The translation really depends on the context of when it's used. Although the above translation would be the usual meaning,in modern english,and suitable for most situations,I believe that Squizzy may have been using it different manner. After careful analysis,with factoring in the cultural differences between our countries,and motifying it with bias towards "construction talk" I have determined,with certain accuracy,that in this case it actually meant "Your Momma!!" (I have a feeling Digger's gonna show me this :ban again) :bouncegri Come on Digger,laugh!!

  7. #7Jeff D.2006-03-06 00:40

    Darn it Squizzy,you squeezed in there while I was typing that up. Now you've gone and disproved my theory.....or maybe you've proven it!! I don't know what that other thing you wrote meant,dang it!!

  8. #8Squizzy246B2006-03-06 00:42

    Ahhh....Ummmm...I'll distance myself from Jeff's translations Digger - Nill illigitimi carborundum

  9. #9Squizzy246B2006-03-06 00:45

    It means his intentions and work were very good its just the subject matter is ****

  10. #10Jeff D.2006-03-06 00:48

    That's exactly what I thought it meant:yup .........or did I??

  11. #11digger242j2006-03-06 05:55

    Tu autem, Squizzy. Jeff, Tua toga suspina est.... :lmao

  12. #12Squizzy246B2006-03-06 07:02

    I wont Jeff, apparently your toga is on upside down or backterfront or something:dizzy omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina - and I think that is so true Also for the Harry Potter Fans - draco dormiens nunquam titillandus which from an Australian author of note means something like "always remove the spoon before you turn on the tap"..don't go looking for trouble.

  13. #13Jeff D.2006-03-06 10:25

    That wouldn't suprise me!I have a tough time with them hospital gowns too!:wink2

  14. #14xkvator2006-03-06 17:32

    utwhay islay allay isthay ibberishgay?:dizzy Jeff...you drivin' in a toga?.....better not get out at the truck stop!

  15. #15Jeff D.2006-03-06 21:39

    Me?? Never!! I will not wear a toga there. Nor when I'm flying in the air. Not in a car....not in a truck. Not while I dig....not while I,um something. Not upside down,not inside out. Not with the stains removed with shout. Not if she's blonde,and big up there, This toga thing I will not wear!! (Dr.Suess is rolling in his grave,right now!!):bouncegri I think this thread has sunken low enough now!!:thumbsup My job here is complete.

  16. #16Orchard Ex2006-03-06 22:03

    Bravo Jeff!:notworthy Much better than the songs on the Oscars last night! (wife made me watch... Really!) My hat is off to you! (but my toga is staying on )

  17. #17BRL2006-03-08 19:44

    First he speaks Australian, now Latin at us, I'm not sure we can keep this Squizzy guy around much longer if he won't speak plain ole English with us :bouncegri You guys are too funny! Thanks for making my day better!

  18. #18dayexco2006-03-08 19:51

    orchardx....."Much better than the songs on the Oscars last night! (wife made me watch..." dude, grow some nads

  19. #19Jeff D.2006-03-09 02:12

    Hee-Hee,I've got to laugh!!:bouncegri I post a Dr.Suess,children's storybook style poem thingy,on a heavy equipment website,and OrchardEx is the one who has his manliness questioned,when he admits spending the evening with his wife,watching TV. (You messed up when you admitted she MADE you,OrchardEx.Never admit THAT!!):nono Acceptable alternative:"My cable went out,so I couldn't get the Spice channel.I was stuck watching either the Oscars or Antiques Roadshow.....The Oscars sucked!!":thumbsup BRL,I'm beginning to question the exsistance of Squizzy's new "skid-steer".The pictures of it looked suspiciously like his "toy" one,just blown up with some other photo enhancements.I'd like to see a picture that had BOTH the toy,and real one together side by side.Then I'll believe. I just get this feeling we're going to be seeing "full size" pictures of a new dozer too,which he'll SAY he picked up after his purchase of the model one!

  20. #20Squizzy246B2006-03-09 08:00

    Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum:bouncegri

  21. #21Squizzy246B2006-03-09 08:07

    English...English! We don't speak no stinking English!... Crikey - Illiud latine dici non potest

  22. #22Squizzy246B2006-03-09 08:09

    I quite like this thread...I don't know what its about..but I like it:yup

  23. #23digger242j2006-03-09 09:35

    De gustibus non est disputandum. Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum *** omnibus in eo. As for Jeff--Aut insanit homo, aut versus facit... :yup

  24. #24Squizzy246B2006-03-09 16:40

    De gustibus non est disputandum - There's no accounting for taste ROFL Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum *** omnibus in eo - I'll have a pizza with everything on it? Maybe he's a poet..and didn't know it?

  25. #25Jeff D.2006-03-09 17:21

    Squizzy,the doctor's say I'm the other one in that phrase....but what do doctors know? I was alittle concerned when I saw the word "Homo" in that phrase,before I translated it. I thought"Oh-boy,what's this one gonna mean?" but it turned out not too bad. (I've been called worse than crazy,or a poet before!!):yup

  26. #26Orchard Ex2006-03-09 18:23

    I guess what I really meant was that we have 1 TV and she got control that night to watch the Oscars - so I'll take my lumps here for that... FWIW re: nads - I do have a pair, and they're smart enough to admit that they get - lets say - "a much better workout" when she gets to watch her shows. When she is happy- I'm even happier! :naughty :naughty :naughty :naughty :naughty

  27. #27ThirstyP2010-05-10 16:51

    Test :drinkup

  28. #28tonka2010-05-10 20:23

    super mega fugly...

  29. #29bobcatman22010-05-10 21:30

    this is a test

  30. #30digger242j2010-06-13 11:35

    Post apocaplyptic picture post test.

  31. #31Omahachris2011-11-13 11:34

    just getting my 3

  32. #32Omahachris2011-11-13 11:36

    #2 one more to go

  33. #33Omahachris2011-11-13 11:38

    last one hopefully this site will be able to help me..