Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

navistar 2674 electrical issues

jon holt ยท 2026-09-22 16:10

Working on a 1998 navistar 2674 6x4 that had died on the customer. They had tried to fix it themselves until they ran the batteries way down. i got out to it and put a jumper cables from my truck. Troubleshot the problem to the low pressure fuel system transfer pump was shot. Replaced the pump and filter and got the engine running. I also put new batteries in. Noticed that while the park brake is set, I have no throttle control. Got it out of the way of the job and checked for issues with the throttle. When I was moving it, I noticed that there was throttle control. With the park brake released, there is throttle control. Set the park brake and it goes away. Checked all of the fuses that I could find and did replace one that was open. Still no throttle. I also noticed that there is no hvac and the voltmeter, oil pressure gauge, engine temp, tach and speedometer doe not work. They go through the prove out sweep when first turn the key on but nothing after that. I can look at ET and see the throttle pedal move when the park brake is set. Really needing a wiring diagram if anyone has one.

Replies1
  1. #1Truck Shop2026-09-22 18:51

    Known to have instrument cluster issues.