Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

need a big 3 point trencher

beandrew ยท 2008-07-27 23:37

I was wondering if anyone knew where a guy could get a big 3 point trencher. I am a farmer and want to speed up my tile lying jobs by using one of my john deere 8430 tractors to trench in ag drainage pipe 6 inch to 12 inch deep. In deep top soil here in nebraska.

Replies8
  1. #1hvy 1ton2008-07-28 19:43

    best i could find was max 120hp. There is a distributer in BC, might be one closer to you if you look. http://www.trenchers.co.uk/index_en.htm

  2. #2argem2008-07-29 04:07

    you may want to try these guys too, as they were quite helpful to me... construction companymachinery

  3. #3Squizzy246B2008-07-29 09:13

    This may sound a little silly but we used to use a 3 point linkage angle blade to simply grade out a furrow, install the pipe and grade it over.

  4. #4joe from ne2008-07-30 02:34

    trencher What kind of tile are you putting in thats only 6 to 12 inches deep? I am in Nebraska and do trenching and never go that shallow. Probably 3 to 7 ft deep. In dewatering I go down to the blue clay. A trencher that would stand the power of your tractor would be real expensive. The gear box would be pretty large. I have a chain trencher that has about 400 horse and it has a gearbox about 3 ft around. If you are going that shallow why not just knife it in. You have plenty of horse to do that at that depth. There are several knife setups that will do that. You can really move along when doing it that way.

  5. #5beandrew2009-01-12 21:52

    its been a while sorry i meant 6-12 inches wide the depth would be between 3-6 ft ointhead. I have a new john deere 8530 now that has the infinite variable transmission so i can set the speed how ever i need to. I have heard there is a company in ohio but can not find it on the web. i have over 7000 ft of pipe to lay as drainage tile to replace waterways in the hills, and thats just this up coming summer. All the local trencher owner's are all booked up and i have a lot more to do in the future because i hate farming around brome grass waterways.

  6. #6joe from ne2009-01-13 19:56

    trencher I'm not sure if it is worth it for that much tile to own a trencher. I can put that in for you for around 10000 dollars. Plus tile cost. I do have a trencher for sale that would work for what you want to do. Cuts 24 inches wide and upto 6 ft deep. I want 20000 for it. If interested give me a shout. Also depending where you are I might be able to put tile down for you.

  7. #7beandrew2009-01-15 22:43

    I live by Auburn Ne. and where by lincoln r u. What are the details of the trencher you are thinking of selling

  8. #8joe from ne2009-01-16 09:24

    trencher I am east of lincoln by Eagle. The trencher is a parsons wheel trencher 24 inch wide by 6 ft deep. It has a tile boot on it. If you want give me a call 402-310-6700 Joe