Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a couple suggestions on some decent AMERICAN made forks for my new skid!

TDog77 ยท 2013-04-22 20:41

Just picked up a 2008 Deere 325 over the weekend and I need a good set of American steel and American made forks for it and wouldn't mind a couple suggestions. The only ones I have narrowed it down to is the CTI 5000 lb version, Virnig heavy rail and my current favorite Construction Attachments standard width extreme duty 5500 lb forks from everything attachments. My father and I have been super tough on forks in the past and I want a decent set. Thanks.

Replies16
  1. #1StumpyWally2013-04-23 09:55

    TDog77: A short time ago I bought a Paladin/Bradco fork frame with 48" long 5,500 lbs forks. Specifically it is model 16870 Signature Series, Class II ITA. "Signature Series" means the dealer name is in metal at top of back guard, & it is built very rugged. The frame weighs 230 lbs & the forks about 270 lbs. It has a full back guard (not walk thru), with the top ends sloped 45 degrees so you don't get hung up on the top corners when entering/exiting the skid steer. It also has an integral step welded on the left side (can be ordered on right, or get an extra one to weld on opposite side as I did), & a heavy shackle in the lower middle of the back frame to hook things to (a Bradco exclusive). I would recommend it. I can send you a picture if you like. If you need a grapple for the pallet fork, I would recommend the CFP from Cotech in Canada http://www.cotech.qc.ca/en/produit6-clamppourfourchepalettes.html I don't have one yet, but I think I will in the near future. Their's is the best design I've found. I've not personally seen any of the other brands you mentioned, but I have seen some Virnig buckets on Volvo/JCB skid steers & they seem very well built.

  2. #2mbb2013-04-23 11:56

    I believe I have the same model of forks with my 95xt in whatever the heaviest rating that could be purchased at that time. Mine get used a ton handling wood for the post peeler and loading-unloading semi's. I have never had anything to growl about with my set. If you can locate these forks in your area TDOG, I would at least price compare them to your other options. I think they would serve you well.

  3. #3Digdeep2013-04-23 14:01

    Virnig.

  4. #4TDog772013-04-23 18:06

    Pricing all the above plus the CTI's since I found out they are made here in my home state just down the road. The Virnig is the only one I am still waiting on. The one dealer I spoke to really liked the Bobcat forks...any opinions on those? They have come in the cheapest so far at 975 for some 5000's.

  5. #5stovein2013-04-23 18:13

    I bought the same as stumpywally 2 years ago, well built and lowest price at the time they were 650 with 48 inch forks

  6. #6TDog772013-04-23 18:29

    Either my search FU sucks or the prices have gone up a ton. I have not hit it hard but the cheapest Bradco's signature I have found is about 1100. I will keep checking tomorrow while I should be working.....but this place has been cheap on many of the other items. Thanks everyone.

  7. #7StumpyWally2013-04-24 07:54

    TDog77: $1,100 wow!!!! I paid $700 2 months ago for my Bradco with the 48" 5,500 lbs forks. My dealer routinely orders them with their name in metal on the Signature series. I think he gave me a deal, because they usually sell them with the 48" 4,000 lbs forks. I recall a company on the web selling Bradco Signature series with no name on them, maybe Everything Attachments?? Keep looking for a better price, & good luck!!

  8. #8TDog772013-04-24 08:32

    Everything attachments is 995 for 4000 pounders and then I am outside the 1000 mile shipping area so it adds 160 for extra shipping and I did not even ask how much more it would be to go up to 5500 or 6000 lb forks. Ill keep looking, thanks!

  9. #9stovein2013-04-24 10:30

    I got mine at Superior equipment and trailers in Superior Wisconsin. They were cheaper for new ones than any used ones I could find in this area.

  10. #10stovein2013-04-24 10:35

    I got mine at Superior equipment and trailers in Superior Wisconsin. They were cheaper for new ones than any used ones I could find in this area. Phone number is : 715-395-9085 current price is 729 for 48 inch 4000 lb forks.

  11. #11stovein2013-04-24 10:38

    And yes, they are the bradco with the signature on them

  12. #12TDog772013-04-24 14:06

    thanks i will give them a shout right now.

  13. #13stovein2013-04-24 15:56

    I just noticed you are in CO so I suppose freight will kill the savings. I think the bobcat ones or the ones made in your state would probably be very close when you consider shipping. Plus you could see them before you buy.

  14. #14TDog772013-04-24 16:10

    They are 1300 for the 6000 lb 48 inch and then 225 for shipping. Ouch. Did not realize how much of a jump to go from 4000 to the next capacity up. I found a few that can get Bradco here in CO but the best I have found is a little under 1500 for the heavier model. The CTI's are made here in CO and I can get a 5000 or 5500 of those for 1100 so I think I might drive and check them out. They are actually a little cheaper then the Bobcat, Deere etc and are made locally. Wish I knew someone who had put them through the paces but....

  15. #15durallymax2013-04-25 09:55

    After bending the standard 4,000lb ish rated 48" tines on our Virnig, we put 6500?lb tines on it. They were $600 or so IIRC but they are tough forks. The Dealer had new compelete pallet forks they sold for $600 but they were very weak.

  16. #16TDog772013-04-25 11:10

    I am finding the local options for 6000 or 6200 are really spendy...do you think a compromise of 5000 at a much better price would be sufficient and or just that much better then a 3800-4000 option. I really hate doing things twice however my locally built cti's with a rating of 5000 are about 1100 compared to 6000 lb options that are 1500 plus. Thanks