Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a dipstick tube for expansion style dipstick

MrElectric03 ยท 2017-08-08 13:35

Hello guys, Really hoping someone can provide some help here. I need to install a locking style dipstick on a machine and think that the old expansion style "T" handle would work best. I can find them all over the place up to 84" length which would work well. The problem is I cant find a dipstick tube for these universal dipsticks. The machine I have simply uses a plastic tube similar to synflex air line so I would need either an adapter to about a 3/8" hose or if someone knows of a manufacturer that uses these style dipstick that I can order a replacement tube and cut the section that I need off of the tube that would be great. Any of you MacGyvers out there have an idea?

Replies1
  1. #1GregsHD2017-08-09 13:28

    I'm guessing your machine has a Cummins? Why the need for a locking dipstick? Horrendous blowby? If it's even for the engine? Lots of older Cat and John Deere equipment used that style of dipstick, also old Detroits and some Cat truck engines of yesteryear. Should be able to match up something that you could graft onto your plastic tube.