Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

need a fluid that can safely replace or mix with bobcat hydraulic hydrostatic fluid

rangerfreak ยท 2009-09-20 18:12

hi i need a fluid that is easy to come by that will mix with and safely replace the bobcat hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid in my bobcat s300 thank you for your time and have a nice day

Replies6
  1. #1willie592009-09-20 19:25

    I've always used AW32 or AW46. Never had an issue with it.

  2. #2rangerfreak2009-09-20 19:28

    never heard of that type of oil where can i get it at. thanks for your time

  3. #3willie592009-09-20 19:56

    Two very common types of hyd oil are R&O oil and AW oil. R&O hyd oil has additives to prevent Rust & Oxidation, hence the name. AW oil has the same additives as R&O oil, but has Anti Wear additives as well and doesn't cost that much more. Then there is the ISO grade of 22, 32, 46, and 64, which reflect the viscosity of the oil. In most area of N America, and AW32 or AW46 will work just fine. Overheating and thinning of the oil is usually not an issue on Bobcats as they use an oil cooler. Not sure what oil Wal Mart has, but NAPA and other Auto Parts have AW hyd oil. I would choose a good oil though. I've used Super S brand AW oil, and when you empty the bucket, you can see residue at the bottom of the bucket. I've used higher quality oils (Shell, Conoco, Chevron) and the bucket is clean at the bottom. I think Valvoline produces oil for NAPA, good brand as well.

  4. #4MECHTRONIK2009-09-21 06:48

    a 30w trans oil will run fine in the hyd and its cheap I cracked a hose on one once and it was running on diesel , seems our night serviceman was getting confused

  5. #5rpctsv2009-09-21 18:54

    Why does Case use 30 weight motor oil in their hydraulics?Can't be much difference?I borrowed my buddies brush attch and he uses the bobcat hyd oil and i'm concerned I will pollute his hydraulic oil.

  6. #6skidsteer.ca2009-09-22 08:10

    Just remove one coupler and pump your oil through the attachment until its purged. Ken