Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a new muffler

watglen ยท 2020-05-07 18:28

Hey guys, I'm in Southern Ontario. My Volvo EC240b muffler is rusted out. 5000 hrs. The exhaust stack is broke completely off and just sitting there rattling. I was wondering if there was a muffler supplier that would be cheaper than volvo parts. Any ideas?

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2020-05-07 20:36

    I used this number and see quite a few. But, I'd make sure that it's the right number first. I've used CTP mufflers on my Caterpillars with no issues, and significantly less in cost. SA1114-00101

  2. #2watglen2020-05-08 04:23

    What is that number? Thanks Ken

  3. #3heymccall2020-05-08 08:44

    That number is an ec240 muffler part number. Find your own part number for your muffler and then just google it.

  4. #4John C.2020-05-08 09:23

    You can fix them a lot of times. A little wire feed unit and some sheet metal can save you a whole lot of money.