Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a safety inspection service!

Henry01 ยท 2017-11-29 22:17

Hi, I am working in construction industry. So, when my friend needed a safety inspection service on his site, he asked me for a suggestion. But, in fact, I don't have any direct contact with such companies. So, I need your help to suggest him the best. The service he wanted was fall protection. When I searched for this, I came across fall protection, fall arrest, and fall restraint. I have no idea about the difference between the three. But, I came across a company offering fall protection inspection in Ontario . Can I suggest this to him? Does anyone know the difference between the terms I mentioned? Reply awaited. Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1old-iron-habit2017-11-30 14:13

    Sounds like he is looking for a consultant for fall protection ideas. Most safety stores will help with figuring out how to do a tie-off required job safely. Of course they are counting on selling product also. Or has he been cited by the Canadian version of OSHA for not have a written fall protection policy in the company and he needs help writing and implementing one to help him through the mess? Or, maybe he wants to get squared away before he gets sited. Often contractors will get cited here in the states if they are working above the maximum limits without fall protection and have no corporate written policy. Part of the fine is to produce a plan for inspection within a certain time frame. Also need to show them how you are implementing and enforcing it. Falls and cave ins are still near the top of the list for construction deaths.

  2. #2digger242j2017-11-30 19:19

    What it sounds like to me, cynic that I have become, is a thinly disguised way of spamming us. Any time a brand new member asks such a question, and includes a link, particularly one that they "came across", we know what they're up to. The OP made a similar post about Powder Coating not too long ago. My compliments, OIH, for your sincere reply, and also the guys who took the time to reply to the other thread. And since the posts have generated legitimate discussions, they might prove useful to somebody. That's what HEF is all about. But to the OP, we don't like being played.