Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Advice! Changing my 320L

juancruzurbano1 ยท 2015-07-17 19:15

Hi everyone! i came to the hard decision to change my old Cat 320L 9kk series ( my first excavator!) unfortunately Caterpillar is over 25% more expensive than any other brand here in Argentina, replacements also! I need your advice/help/recommendations any information is welcome! help me making my decision between : Hyundai - Volvo - Doosan - Case many many thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1movindirt2015-07-17 20:20

    If your wanting cheap I'd look at the Hyandai and Doosan, if you want nice and maybe slightly cheaper I'd look at the Volvo, then the Case.

  2. #2juancruzurbano12015-07-17 20:54

    Thanks! i think my budget is ok for the Volvo. I dont feel really sure about the 4 cylinder engine in Case equipment . I rather prefer the 6 cilinder Engine.

  3. #3Anthonycecil2015-07-17 21:57

    Are the dealers , support the same? Tony

  4. #4Huntoon2015-07-18 12:37

    Maybe you could give each dealer a test. Ask them for a quote and lead time for some components like a new seals or pins and see who comes back the quickest and with best service.

  5. #5Jonas3022015-07-18 13:25

    I bet the resale or trade in on the cat is a lot more too

  6. #6Nige2015-07-18 13:33

    I don't think it will work because this is Latin America. They'll simply lie to you. I say this from years of experience working in that part of the world.

  7. #7seatwarmer2015-07-18 13:58

    Nige Good reply