I need a crawler carrier. I don't see a sub forum for them nor can I find any kind of forum with user reviews on them. I currently have an IHI but it needs replacing. I have also used a Morooka. I am looking at another IHI, Prinoth, and Terramac. I am not familiar with Prinoth or Terramac but I like their features a lot more. The IHI has 100hp in my size class and the Prinoth and Terramac are closer to 150 HP in a similar sized machine. I have always though my IHI was a little underpowered. The IHI 2019 and older has an Isuzu engine and no DEF. 2020 model has a Kubota engine and DEF. Prinoth has a Cat engine and DEF and Terramac has a Cummins and DEF.
For me it would come down to whatever dealer can offer the best support. It’s a machine and it will break down so I would buy from whoever has the best parts and service department
While I agree in that logic 100% that isn’t much help in the decision. These machines aren’t all that common and there isn’t much of a dealer network anywhere. For example in the case of the IHI we have owned for six years all parts for it have to come from their distributor in Kentucky regardless if it is something major or something as common as a filter. The others seem to be similar. Our machine has never been to an IHI dealer for work we either do it ourselves or hire some independent shop. The terramac does have a “dealer” locally but I think they just order parts for you. They don’t ever have any of these machines on their lot and don’t stock any parts for them. Additionally we don’t use the machine locally. We travel all over the US for work. if Cat or Deere or someone like that made one of these machines I would be all over it for that very reason.
If it was me I would buy a US built Pre DEF Morooka. Still not much dealer support, and parts support is spotty, but they don't change much over the years other than engines and cabs, so typically undercarriage parts and tracks are readily available around the country. Well, actually if it was me I would build my own, or reman a used Morooka with a Tier 3 engine, that's kinda what we do, but I doubt you'd be interested in that, lol.